PDA

View Full Version : Music Services ?

cdeviney
11-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Which music subscription services will work with Replay Media Catcher?

I am looking for high quality (256kbps-320kbps MP3 would be GREAT) and accurate tagging.

I really prefer to download via Media Catcher, rather than record via Replay Music. I use an old, slow computer, and recording introduces 'hick-ups' :(

Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated. :o

--------------

The free version of Pandora seems to work well, converting the 64kbps AAC+ to 160kbps MP3.

Jeff Lenney
11-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Good evening

It's really hard to give you a full list of which services work ,as there are hundreds if not thousands out there.

My suggestion would be to download the demo from HERE (http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/)- and try for yourself to get a good idea :-)

Thanks for your understanding!

Fredolin
11-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Hi. Good post!! I use WIMP, but i donīt know how many countries it is available in. It plays high quality MP4, which is easily converted to MP3. Could be nice to hear from others about this.

cdeviney
11-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Good evening

It's really hard to give you a full list of which services work ,as there are hundreds if not thousands out there.

My suggestion would be to download the demo from HERE (http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/)- and try for yourself to get a good idea :-)

Thanks for your understanding!

Call me 'lazy' but I don't want to have to try out "hundreds if not thousands" of music subscription services.

I was asking fellow users of Replay Media Catcher to share their experiences and opinions of what music subscription services they use and like (or have even tried and dislike and why would be helpful).

As noted by previous posts in the Replay Media Catcher forum, there are several music services that do not work with the capture/download feature of RMC.

It should be apparent that I am already using Replay Media Catcher by the statement that is is working well with free Pandora.

Looks like the paid version of Pandora would be a good choice, converting the 192kbps AAC+ files to 320kbps MP3. Pandora will be good for 'musically similar' mixes.

However, I also need to be able to choose just music by a specific artist, or a specific album or a specific song title.

Note: I am in the USA...many subscription services are country specific/limited.

User suggestions welcome :)

crs
11-19-2013, 11:36 PM
RMC's audio recoding will record any audio from any application (browsers, spotify, pandora, grooveshark etc). Before you think "oh audio recording is bad", try it out. RMC is recording the actual stream. Only the specific audio stream is recorded - its not a stereo mix that you get from other recording applications (where all sound from your pc is recorded) . You could actually start pandora and spotify playing at the same time and RMC will audio record each stream individually and tag it etc. No overlap in sound.

You can start RMC audio recording and quite happily listen to spotify, padora etc for hours and it will record and tag your music. As Jeff has stated, many (hundreds?) of music sites that dont use DRM or one time urls are also supported in download mode. All sites and applications are supported in audio recording mode.

Also dont forget that there are built in guides in RMC. Its a small list of what is supported but may also help you find the streaming content you are after.

HTH

- CRS