PDA

View Full Version : Cannot download a complete program from BBC IPlayer

sinenomine
10-20-2013, 05:18 AM
I have just purchased Replay Capture Suit.

Because I am not in the UK I use a VPN (Hide my ass VPN) I have tried all the various suggestions for downloading from the guide 1: Automatic Resume; 2 Automatic Record; 3 Always record. And not once have I downloaded a complete program. I've now had about 20 attempts. Ive tried various protocols for connecting VPN (PPTP OPENVPN UDP).

I've had Super download enabled and disabled. On many occasion just 13kb are downloaded.

I have had as much as 30 minutes downloaded from a 45 minute program. Not only that if I run an iplayer program in my browser. The catcher does not detect the stream - in fact on several sites while using the VPN the stream is not detected.

I have latest Replay Capture. Windows 7

Tom McCreadie
10-28-2013, 04:02 AM
From outside the UK, I go via the 'Expat Shield' app. to access the BBC iPlayer site. Download of the programs is thereafter done simply by following the BBC on screen instructions, without any need to use RMC.

dwaynnyt
10-29-2013, 05:33 PM
this isn't working for me either. I was looking to use RMC here. Does anyone have a suggestion please? https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif