PDA

View Full Version : Trial limitations? or failed recording...

areohbee
09-20-2013, 09:09 AM
I just tried twice to record a video, and it went perfectly but cut off at the half-way point. Is that a limitation of the trial, or just a failed recording?

Video was like 53 minutes and it cut off at 26:35 - very close to exactly half each time (exact same number of bytes in file each time).

It said "Complete", but, well, it wasn't...

Raptor
09-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Yeah, that whole complete thing. I think it reads from a different dictionary. Even the full paid for version has this issue.

That's why I will only not download any mkv files as it says complete even though it is not. I only download avi and mp4 because I can check in Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) and have the "length" column selected. Only and I mean ONLY when there is a value on the length then I will know the movie is finished.
- NOTE: Sometimes RMC will say 100%
* Length may be populated, but the RMC has the file locked, you'll have to cancel the download or close RMC before you can move the file.
* Sometimes it will say 100-190+% completed (ie; 188%), let it finish. I have noticed this many times when it is downloading a series or multiple movies.
- Sometimes it takes a really long time, its the torrent downloading junk files, kill it (but don't delete the files when you delete it) then you'll notice your avi or mp4 file is now populated with a length value.

~Raptor

Jeff Lenney
09-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

Cheryl Wester
09-20-2013, 09:28 PM
There is also a 50 percent limitation on videos in demo mode. Thanks.

doncht
09-21-2013, 07:56 AM
It would very much of a help if you would indicate the site that you're trying to record so other users could also try to duplicate your issue. https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif

Raptor
09-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Concentrate on the original poster's request, but my $0.02 cents (pre-tax) is that if you have to ask, then you have obviously NOT used the product.

Not trying to be harsh about it but seriously; on torrent downloads the 100% means absolutely nothing 80% of the time (demo or licensed RMC)!

I think most of your users have just learned this limitation and worked around it like I have. IMO

~Raptor