PDA

View Full Version : Works fine on RMC4, but not on RMC5 - Not getting much support from Applian Technical Support

M_A_R_K
08-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Since upgrading from RMC4 to RMC5 I have been trying to convert any streams for playback on my Philips 3590 DVD recorder (Via USB). This worked well using RMC4. No problem! However, since having RMC5 I can get the audio to work but not the video. Applian Technical Support basically advise me to clone or adjust the conversion settings. If I could clone from RMC4 to RMC5 I would, and secondly I have adjusted them to as near as damn it to those on RMC4, but there is no video bit rate setting of 2500000.

Here are my settings on RMC4 and these work perfectly. Not sure where I got the -vtag DX50 from or the libmp3lame. Though on RMC5 I have just left blank the Audio Codec and the audio is fine.

Output Format: avi
Output File Extension: avi
Start Time Offset: 0.00
Other: -vtag DX50
Same Quality: not selected
Disable Video: not selected
Video Codec: mpeg4
Video Frame Rate: 15
Video Bit Rate: 2500000
Video Frame Size: 480x272
Audio Codec: libmp3lame
Audio Bit Rate: 128000
Audio Channels: Stereo
Audio Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Audio Volume: 256

If anyone can assist, I would be most grateful.

Mark

Raptor
08-10-2013, 02:49 PM
May not be much help, but one reason I use mp4 output as it works with everything. Many of my avi's cannot be played back either audio or video due to having the right codecs. You can download a codec pack to see if this helps but sometimes that has to be done more than twice a year to get updated ones.

Try either downloading a codec pack and installing it then try the same avi's again, or playing it in Media Center (not media player) or both.

If that does not work try the conversion to mp4.

HTH,
Raptor