PDA

View Full Version : replay media catcher 5 downloads multiple copies Why

ludd
07-23-2013, 03:06 AM
When ever i try and download a you tube video replay med cat 5 copies about six or eight separate copies of the video and continues till i click on cancel how do i stop this behavior and only download one copy of the video i require
TIA for any help
Ludd

BSintzel
07-31-2013, 08:25 PM
WOW...and I thought I was the only one this was happening to. This issue just started recently, after a windows update. Sure hope someone has an answer. If I find ouit anything, I'll post it.

walnut
10-29-2013, 08:20 PM
I realise this thread is a few months old, but I've just started having the same problem of multi copies from YouTube.

As an example, with this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REVqOUbBMDc
the first copy to start downloading was in the correct FLV format (which completed OK and afterwards played fine), but in addition -- and all downloading at virtually the same time in very succession -- I also got 25 (yes, 25!) more saves in MP3 format, all showing the same thumbnail image and same filename (apart from incrementing a number at the end for each additional copy). The FLV file is 7870 KB, while the MP3 files show a range of sizes from 234-920 KB.

On attempting to play any of these MP3 files, Windows Media Player starts up but quickly produces this message:
The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behaviour.

These extra weird MP3 files all need deleting from RMC individually (don't seem to be able to select them all together from within the program?) which is a pain. I think this is the first time I've saved anything from YouTube since upgrading RMC to 5.0.1.15 quite recently. I haven't had the same problem at other sites yet, only YouTube so far, but it's happened with all the 4 clips I've downloaded this evening. The number of extra MP3 files produced has varied slightly with each one.

What's going on?

Jeff Lenney
10-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Hey Guys

Sorry to hear you're having this issue - if you don't mind, Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file:

http://applian.com/support.php

Our RMC team will be more than happy to help you with this issue

Thanks! :)