PDA

View Full Version : RMC5 removed/deleted my downloads for no good reason. BEWARE!

tp9ine
07-22-2013, 01:10 AM
I was just downloading a few files. I had my web browser, and RMC opened side by side. Then all of a sudden I thought I saw my download list shrink out of the corner of my eye as if items were removed. I thought I was just seeing things so I just continued on my way.

Then a couple of minutes later I see something happened out of the corner of my eye again, so this time i'm like "WTF is going on here."

Now, I count how many things are in the list. I had 4 things downloading, 4 things queued. Okay this time I will know for sure if something is going on.

Sure enough a couple minutes later 2 more items disappeared out of absolutely nowhere. I was down to only 6 downloads now!

Which reminds me: Much earlier yesterday I had about 20 things queued, along with several completed items in the list as well. I come back 2 hours laters and I could've sworn my download list window was a LOT longer. But now I know the sh*t that is happening.

This happened without warning. No beep, no error, no message box, no nothing. I checked my download folder, my newest downloads GONE. Searched my hard drives for them, nowhere to be seen.

Now I sit here wondering WTF else it deleted without my knowledge. This is seriously some bull crap. Somebody better have an explanation here.

tp9ine
07-22-2013, 02:40 AM
*Ahem* Never mind this false alarm! Well technically, what I ascribed is accurate, but there was a reason for it happening. Maybe i'll tell later :)

Jeff Lenney
07-22-2013, 09:29 PM
So users no longer need to beware then? :cool:

VCN
07-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix?
I've been having this same problem where DL's automatically disappear into *thin air* - but can't figure out what's causing it.
thanks

tp9ine
07-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Okay I will tell you how I fixed it and you probably must've did the same thing I did. In Settings > Internet > Monitor, simply make sure 'Min. Duration' is set to 0 seconds. This settings makes it auto-delete without warning any file you download that is lower than the length that you set here. So if you have it set to 60 seconds, a file that you downloaded that was only 30 seconds in length will have been automatically removed and deleted it when it was completed downloading. A setting of 0 seconds turns this setting off.

If this didn't help your problem then you have bigger issues.

VCN
07-24-2013, 03:12 AM
Excellent! .... Thanks! It worked