PDA

View Full Version : Library Folder _ Hw 2 Move to another drive

Tam1
06-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi sorry if Im missing this obvious, please can you confirim if there is any way I can move the library folder, its currently showing on my Cdrive

C:\Users\name of user\AppData\Roaming\Replay Media Catcher 5\Library

I wld like to be able to have it pointing to another drive

Ive checked Manual & cannot seem to find hw2 do this, is it possible?

I can & have moved the Library Media folder no probs

Thankyou for your help

P.S I also wanted to thank you Ive just update my RMC to RMC 5 & so far so good its been easy enough to "jump in" and do most things
Will keep you posted

Thank you

Ttam

crs
06-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Hey -

I gather you mean the Applian folder that appears under your Libraries in Windows Explorer?

If so then right mouse click it and select Properties. You can then edit the folders that it displays, including adding multiple folders to it. You can do that with any Library - its a feature of windows.

HTH

- CRS

Bob_S
07-19-2013, 09:25 AM
I have the same question, and I am NOT referring to Windows 7 libraries. WITHIN Replay Media Catcher 5 in the Library -> Settings menu the very first line shows the location of the RMC library on the C: drive. It does not respond to any kind of editing, indicating that there are no options for changing it. Are there?

krytonion
07-27-2013, 01:31 AM
Ditto from me. The facility to allow the library folder to moved - is there a way?

Sam Sport
01-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Ditto from me. The facility to allow the library folder to moved - is there a way?
Ditto from me too. Is there a way? If not, why not? Thanks

Cheryl Wester
01-09-2015, 11:23 PM
Please contact tech support for this issue and someone will be able to assist you. Thanks.

walnut
04-21-2015, 02:29 PM
I came across this thread a few days ago in a search for an answer to the same question - it was the only reference I could find after looking at the online RMC5 user guide, in the Applian FAQs and more generally. But there was no answer here, only the suggestion to contact Support.

So I raised a support ticket and am posting the results here in case it helps anyone else in the future who might have the same type of query and comes across this thread, as I did when searching.
First my request (to be clear what the questions were in my case, and why I was asking), but slightly edited, followed by the informative and helpful reply received.

I'm running Replay Media Catcher v5 on Win7 Pro.

In Settings | Library
For the Media Folder field there is a button to browse to a location of my choice to save files.

For the Library Folder there is no similar button to change the location for where RMC stores its log files, art etc. These folders accumulate considerable numbers of files.

In common with many others, my primary C:\ drive is an SSD, smaller than a conventional HDD and designed to run only the OS and certain other things, and preferably little else.

For this reason applications are installed on a conventional HDD, and in my case RMC and many other programs are installed on my E:\ drive and run from there. Despite this, RMC put its Library and other folders onto the main C:\ drive. The fact that they're there is causing concern as they currently occupy 2.02 GB which is increasing fast.

The main culprit is the logs subfolder which has used 2.01 GB on its own so far. By comparison the art folder does not take up anything like the same physical space, but it does contain many, many small files which are also constantly being added to.

The location is C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Replay Media Catcher 5\Library

Questions:

(1) Can the Library logs be saved to an alternate location instead? And the art?
In other words, can the Library Folder path in Settings | Library be edited?

(2) If the Library location cannot be changed, can the log files be safely deleted? And the art?

I see that under Library in the menu bar is an option to "Clear Library". Does this effectively do the same job, i.e. delete these log and art files?

(3) If these files were deleted/cleared, is any functionality lost from RMC? - and if so what?

Support reply

... the Library location cannot be changed. We are using a standard location as defined by Microsoft.

The log files in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Replay Media Catcher 5\Library\logs can be deleted. These are "progress logs", and if the recording/download was successful, then they are not really needed anymore.

You can also delete all of the art. These are thumbnails from the downloads/recordings. Of course, if you delete them, then the thumbnail view won't be very useful.

"Clear Library" will clear the entire listing in RMC5, so this is probably not what you are interested in doing. The media files themselves won't be deleted - just the listing is cleared.

What I've done now is not delete the progress log files altogether just yet, simply cleared them out to a folder created on the separate, larger drive, and it's released 2 GB of valuable space from the SSD. I will move them regularly, as if the media files I'm saving are very large (mine often are, ranging from 350 MB to over a GB, mostly in .flv format), each of the download progress logs can be several MB each (largest so far has been about 25 MB), and this can soon mount up as there's one for every download. Down the line I probably will delete them in batches, oldest first, but from the answers given it would do no harm to delete them much sooner, provided the file/clip/program downloaded OK. If it didn't, and if you approached Support about it, I imagine they might want to look at the log for the particular download (they seem to hint at this in the response). I haven't deleted or moved any of the thumbnails in the art subfolder: I might at some point as there are 100s of them, but they take up very little space. I will not be using the "Clear Library" function, as they guessed right in their reply - the result would be something I wouldn't want, and I'm glad to have had it clarified.