PDA

View Full Version : Unable to capture video in MPEG-2 format

hokie
06-12-2013, 01:19 PM
I am trying out the demo version and have not been able to record a video in MPEG-2 format. Whenever I try to record, the preview window shows the first frame of the video and never updates. If I try to pause or end the program, I have to kill the process.

I was able to record a video using Windows Media format with no problems. My system should have no issues for performance, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with a quad-core i5 processor and 12GB RAM.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Cheryl Wester
06-12-2013, 08:42 PM
What browser are you using? Have you tried a reboot to see if that works better? Thanks.

hokie
06-13-2013, 12:30 PM
I was actually trying to capture video from a DVD. I tried using PowerDVD player as well as Windows Media Player. Neither of them would work. Rebooted my computer and have the same problem.

I also tried capturing video from YouTube playing in Internet Explorer, same problem.

What suggestions do you have?

Cheryl Wester
06-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Try using a different player such as VLC Player and see if that works. What happens when you try and capture using MPEG 2? Are you getting an error message/ It sounds like you are missing some codecs to capture using this.

hokie
06-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Try using a different player such as VLC Player and see if that works. What happens when you try and capture using MPEG 2? Are you getting an error message/ It sounds like you are missing some codecs to capture using this.

Since I tried both YouTube in IE and two DVD playback options, I'm guessing the missing codec might be the issue. According to the Applian site:

"Replay Video Capture's super-fast MPEG-2 codecs don't bog down your CPU, so you won't lose video frames or get choppy audio. These are preferred for high-motion video, or for use on slower PC's. "

How can I confirm that the RVC MPEG-2 codecs are properly installed?

Also, is there a log file somewhere which might show any errors?