PDA

View Full Version : Back on RMC4 - RMC5 is a disaster

Arno
05-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Hi,

I tried to record six MFC streams with RMC5 (5.0.0.89) but its one huge disaster !!!
Picture & sound is screwed up. Scrambled picture and whistling/beeping/etc sound.
Time running on picture looks like it is not running because minutes are not changing or its giving wrong times up to many hours for a few minutes recording.

I kept the same six streams open and started RMC4
Then i did for every of the six windows video: off and video: on again... and they are all recording perfectly and with correct window naming !!!
Picture & sound as it should be. KB timers running fine.

The only conclusion i can make is that there is something fundamental wrong with RMC5.

endyr
05-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi,

I tried to record six MFC streams with RMC5 (5.0.0.89) but its one huge disaster !!!
Picture & sound is screwed up. Scrambled picture and whistling/beeping/etc sound.
Time running on picture looks like it is not running because minutes are not changing or its giving wrong times up to many hours for a few minutes recording.

I kept the same six streams open and started RMC4
Then i did for every of the six windows video: off and video: on again... and they are all recording perfectly and with correct window naming !!!
Picture & sound as it should be. KB timers running fine.

The only conclusion i can make is that there is something fundamental wrong with RMC5.

You got that so right! There is apparently no hope for fixes of RMC5 in the near future, so I am also still using RMC4 with no problems. :)

wmercier
05-22-2013, 03:56 AM
I to would like to return to RMC4. Where can I download it?

endyr
05-22-2013, 03:20 PM
I to would like to return to RMC4. Where can I download it?

You can find older versions of RMC4 at this link: http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php It even has links for RMC3. By-the-way, Applian should just fix the YouTube issues that RMC4 has. That would satisfy me and a whole lot of others who are not fans of RMC5. :)

reckless_one
05-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Does Applian even acknowledge that RMC4 has (or had) issues downloading YouTube videos?

Many of us began reporting in February that we could no longer download from YouTube, and the standard responses were:

Everything was working "just fine" for the Applian staff
Users should make sure to clean cache of their browsers
Always remember to click the "Start Recording" button before navigating to the YouTube site

It seems that in many (most??) cases, those who downloaded RCM5 are having as many -- or even more -- problems.

Shellie Heggenberger
05-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately Youtube has changed the way they are streaming their media and Replay Media Catcher 4 does not support the mp4 files. Replay Media Catcher 5 can now do this.

endyr
05-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Unfortunately Youtube has changed the way they are streaming their media and Replay Media Catcher 4 does not support the mp4 files. Replay Media Catcher 5 can now do this.

Well I suggested that RMC4 be updated so that it can detect and download MP4 streams from YouTube. Is that really so hard to do? It's my feeling that Applian is not updating RMC4 to force customers to buy RMC5, which by-the-way really sucks. Personally I am using 123copyDVDPlatinum2013 to download problematic YouTube streams, and it works perfectly. Of course that program is really pricey, but hey, it's worth it for a product that works as advertised. :mad:

Arno
06-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Try to install the new version from ffmpeg. It solved the problems i had in RMC4 !

From an old posting about problems with youtube webm streams:

Actually, the newest version of RMC (to be released soon) should resolve this issue and have a more up to date codec installed that will work with it.

Replay Media Catcher includes the open-source conversion utility FFMPEG. We don't make any changes to it but simply provide it for conversions. If conversions are not performing as expected this is almost always due to missing or conflicting codecs on your computer. Or in some cases the original file was compressed with a codec that windows does not understand.

FFMPEG comes in many different versions. You can try using another version of FFMPEG.exe if you wish.Download this file and save it to Replay Media Catcher's directory in Program Files replacing the file of the same name. Backup your existing file first by simply renaming it to FFMPEG.bak:

http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/ffmpeg/r25512/ffmpeg.exe

Replace the file with Replay Media Catcher closed. Then re-open Replay Media Catcher and try your conversion again.

Please understand that Replay Media Catcher uses the open source FFMPEG for all conversions. There is not anything in Replay Media Catcher that we can fix if a specific conversion type is not working for you. Codecs are almost always the problem and those can be different on every machine based on what you've installed in the past.

texasdiva
06-08-2013, 11:59 AM
i just upgraded to 5 for this very reason, but it's still not recording mp4 from youtube, how does one get a refund? i sent in a support ticket but no reply so far

Jeff Lenney
06-09-2013, 01:26 AM
i just upgraded to 5 for this very reason, but it's still not recording mp4 from youtube, how does one get a refund? i sent in a support ticket but no reply so far

Give us a little time, on weekdays we respond within 24 hours - weekends can take a tiny bit longer at times. :)

crs
06-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Well I suggested that RMC4 be updated so that it can detect and download MP4 streams from YouTube. Is that really so hard to do? It's my feeling that Applian is not updating RMC4 to force customers to buy RMC5, which by-the-way really sucks. Personally I am using 123copyDVDPlatinum2013 to download problematic YouTube streams, and it works perfectly. Of course that program is really pricey, but hey, it's worth it for a product that works as advertised. :mad:

Hey -

RMC 5 really does suck - sucks videos and music from everywhere!

The product you mentioned does not download YouTube music videos (RMC does) or MFC's cam streams (RMC does) which is what this thread is about. Infact it only supports a couple of sites and most of them dont work. RMC5 is in another league.

RMC 4 hasnt had an update since last year. Upgrade to RMC 5 which is still 100% free for YouTube and you can make RMC 5 look the same as RMC 4.

But for the original MFC questions - works fine here. Dont forget your naming rules in the settings. You probably want to turn them all off so that the active browser naming window is used. If your getting speedup recordings then your getting a cam that is streaming with incorrect timestamps and you need to reset the timestamps of the resultant file using the Fix FLV tool which is available in the context menu. A timestamp increment of 15 or 25 normally does the trick. This applies to both RMC4 and RMC5.

HTH

- CRS

M202A1
06-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Well.....I have to say that everything that CRS suggested has fixed everything that was wrong with getting content off MFC. Thank you CRS!

Jeff Lenney
06-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Hey -

RMC 5 really does suck - sucks videos and music from everywhere!

- CRS

This actually made me laugh out loud - and to m202a1 - glad CRS was able to help with your issue :-)

myersph
06-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Just to be safe I want to keep RMC4 when I install RMC5 what is the safest technique to use to achieve this?

crs
06-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Hey -

Just install it. Both are independent programs and happily coexist.

- CRS

efinneran
06-29-2013, 09:23 PM
I generally consider it a requirement that the new version of a tool be able to do what the old version did - unless some feature was intentionally removed, which should be documented. Having to go back to version 4 - which fortunately I kept installed when I put in 5, is just unacceptable and disappointing. If I launch 5 and it fails to grab a video, and I close that and open 4 and refresh the browser page and it gets it first try - that's just wrong. I consider that a separate issue to the change in the interface that keeps me from doing what I used to do, which was download multiple video resolutions of the same video for different purposes. I have to use the manual download from the youtube page in several cases, which only grabs one resolution (when it works).

crs
06-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Hey -

You havnt even said which videos your having trouble with, thats helpful. Instead of ranting why not provide details so we can help you?

Which video can RMC4 get that RMC5 cant get? Did you try refreshing your browser in 5 just like your did in 4?

Also you can make RMC5 look almost exactly the same as RMC4. Look at the View menu and Library menu.

You can still download multiple videos from YouTube at different resolutions. If your in YT Raw mode just change the quality in the YT player. The new quality will be picked up and downloaded when it starts to stream.

Also RMC 4 does not support YouTubes new adaptive format. RMC 5 does.

HTH

- CRS

EdCerqueira
07-02-2013, 07:29 AM
I have to agreee with th OP about myfreecams, "Picture & sound is screwed up. Scrambled picture and whistling/beeping/etc sound" exactly like this and it is not a matter of fix timestamp with FLV Fix feature.

crs
07-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Hey -

If you dont want to use the Fix FLV tool then you can also switch off the following settings when recording live cams from MFC.

Settings > Internet > RTMP

Automatically Fix live streams and those without a duration
Rebase timestamps to 0

These are on by default (in both 4 and 5) but for MFC better recordings can be obtained by switching them off and then there is no need for a fix flv at the end.

HTH

- CRS