PDA

View Full Version : Can't play files captured from Lynda.com

aces1202
12-04-2008, 12:58 PM
My software has been working great, but when I try to capture a lynda.com video, it doesn't work. Has anyone figured out how to capture the lynda.com lessons.
Thanks.

MatthewC1000
12-04-2008, 01:39 PM
My software has been working great, but when I try to capture a lynda.com video, it doesn't work. Has anyone figured out how to capture the lynda.com lessons.
Thanks.

Replay Media Catcher is supported at that site...:)
Update Plugin available!

aces1202
12-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Replay Media Catcher is supported at that site...:)
Update Plugin available!

Great! Is this one of the sites that you need the Web Stream Dumper? What plugin do I need for lynda.com? Do I need to download anything?

I tried to capture a video from there and it appeared to work and downloaded 12MB in about 5 seconds, so I knew something wasn't right. When I tried to play it, there was an error message:

Error -2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie (E4638D12_00_01_welcome1.mp4

MatthewC1000
12-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Great! Is this one of the sites that you need the Web Stream Dumper? What plugin do I need for lynda.com? Do I need to download anything?
I tried to capture a video from there and it appeared to work and downloaded 12MB in about 5 seconds, so I knew something wasn't right. When I tried to play it, there was an error message.
No, This is a QuickTime Video.

MatthewC1000
12-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Error -2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie (E4638D12_00_01_welcome1.mp4

I'm not getting this error. Install the lasted CCCP/K-Lite Codec pack.

kcathebat
11-18-2009, 02:44 PM
I was trying to use Media Catcher to record a training video from
www.lynda.com
Media Catcher tells me that it is recording as an MP4 file, which I know should be a MOV file. Is there a way to tell Media Catcher to record as an MOV? It won't play as an MP4 (it gives an error message), so I change the extension to MOV.

The video opens after changing the extension and plays, but it is dark. Is there a way to get a better quality video?

I am having this problem as well. To add my information to the subject I just upgraded to version 3.11 and that is when the problem started. I recorded some training videos yesterday and they all worked great in the MOV format. Now everything is being saved as a .mp4 format.

Sure I can get around this by using the converter to convert the file to a different format but this is a pain and extra work for something that worked much better previously.

I guess I will downgrade to the previous version. :confused:

Any help on this would be appreciated

kcathebat
11-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Well, the bad news is I tried downgrading to version 2.4 and now it is still recording it as mp4 files.

I completly uninstalled version 3.11, deleted the program files folder and then installed 2.4, yet it is still a problem.

This is really annoying that a new version can make things worse than than an older version and you can't downgrade to fix things!

Tasha Heinlein
11-19-2009, 02:34 PM
This would be because of a change on the site, and not the upgrade of our program. Instead of converting, just rename the extension to .mov as previous users have stated.