PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher slows down all computer activity.

bdavids
03-27-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi,

I have the latest version and love the software BUT on occasion it will use 100% of the processing power of my Windows 7 computer, bringing everything to halt with the mouse barely able to move. And this forced me today to pull the plug on my machine in order to get it to stop after waiting 30 minutes for it to do ????. It was in record mode. Not the first time this has happened BUT what can I do to end the program without pulling the plug? And is anyone else having these issues? I am not new to this software, having used it for years.

I have lots of physical and virtual memory and at east 500 Gigs of free hard drive space. I am not having any other issues with any other software.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

melkov
03-28-2013, 10:13 AM
I have similar problem.
Replay Media Catcher may eat up gigs of memory is left unattended while browsing through live streaming sites (twitch.tv in my case). Unless I close it before it is too late, my computer is in trouble.

High CPU consumption comes together with these memory problems but it can not make computer unresponsive unlike total swap-out caused by memory overuse.

Jeff Lenney
03-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Hey Guys

This defiinitely should not be happening.

Can each of you please Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file? We need to address each of your issues and see how your PC is working with RMC.

http://applian.com/support.php

Thanks so much :-)

Scubasa1
03-29-2013, 02:33 AM
Hiya,
Not a solution to the problem with RMC, but to get your PC back without pulling the plug, can you not use the Task Manager to close RMC, by using Cntrl+Alt+Del?
You have probably tried it, just an idea for you.
Cheers Steve

netsez
04-06-2013, 02:43 PM
I came here to start a thread on this. Every once in a while this happens to me also, CPU 100% and my CPU temps hit 90C! Type cntrl-alt-del and start the Task Manager. RMC will NOT show up as an application. You must click on the processes tab and look for armcp.exe right click that and then click end process. I hope this gets fixed.
Win7 here