PDA

View Full Version : Using RVC to create software tutorials

kilroyscarnival-FL
03-24-2013, 09:04 AM
I just discovered that I can use Replay Video Capture to help me show my colleagues some tips and tricks in some software we all use, and then some Excel advice in processing the data.

Some years ago when I was leaving my last job, I used another product (I think Easy Screen Recorder) to do this - it worked, but was a little more basic But I realized I already had this with my latest Applian suite upgrade, which I'd been using mainly for audio (I'm more of a streaming audio buff and like to be able to capture it to play one-time-only as a podcast, on a portable device.)

I admit I'm somewhat of a video novice, so I'm getting used to this. Also I needed a few tries to get my narrative to be relatively smooth along with the keystrokes and mouse movements.

I am currently importing the files into Windows Movie Maker which I already had on my laptop, in order to do a few edits, add some captioning to clarify a few points I thought of when watching it back, etc. I'm not sure whether there's a tool in my Applian suite that would do this better. I did use Media Splitter to edit a long piece into two.

Just wanted to say I'm glad this has worked out (with a little learning curve.) Is there an easy way to resize the capturing size on the fly? I have been recording full screen, so that when I go up to the toolbar every motion is caught, but there might be times it's handy to 'zoom in' on a small area. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this in mid-stream. Thoughts?

Jeff Lenney
03-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Unfortunately, RVC does not have this feature at this time.