PDA

View Full Version : Capture youtube videos in HD...

CRAIGARR
03-14-2013, 04:10 PM
I am very interested in buying this program and have installed the trial.I am wondering how fast the PC has to be to be able to capture video as you see it being played. If my PC is not fast enough then I will only buy the Replay Media Capture and not the entire Suit. I am wondering about capturing the highest quality as well. From Youtube my computer will select 360p/480p automatically and I am assuming this is the quality that Replay Media Capture records it at. I have restarted the youtube video that I am trying to capture as well as re started R.M.C in order to capture the same youtube video again.But instead I switch the quality of the youtube video to 720p or even 1080p.. This will change the extension from .flv to .mp4 .. But the quality is awful! Instead of going to HD the quality is degraded when I play back the capture. It looks even less than 240p.. Yes the capture at 360p (default) is ok in a small screen but even if I play the capture back at full screen on my monitor,it is nasty looking.. So how do I go about capturing 720p or even 1080p videos from youtube? My PC is Pentium 4 dual processor 2.8 GHz w/ 1.5GB Ram This is one of the videos I want to capture at 1080P She posts in HD and I want to capture all her youtube videos in 1080P or at very least 720P.. http://youtu.be/FSrG_kwYbr8

Hope to get this straightened out so I can start capturing videos from youtube in HD

Thanks

Craig

jamertroy
03-16-2013, 07:18 AM
Hi Craig, check out this conversation. They were able to get this to work. https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif

https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?1793-RMC-doesn-t-record-YouTube-HD-videos

CRAIGARR
03-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks for your reply jamertroy.
The adding &feature=hd doesnt do anything to change the actual quality of the video.
But if I do reload the page, bring the video back to the begining and then change it to 720P it does start another capture in HD, the extension changes from .flv to .MP4
So there is a little bit of progress there.The video quality is still very bad but if I let it download and then use the convert feature it converts it to any extension I want and the video is good..Having trouble with the 1080 setting.I have Cox high speed internet up to 5 megs, so it should all stream in and then combine, but it doesn't. After it says the 1080P is downloaded the video is terrible and freezes and media player wont even play the video part, just audio. I am wondering if the Trial version is crippled and will be sorted when I buy it?? I know the conversion button says "demo 50% LIMITATION) But the entire video gets processed. So not sure what is up with that. Going to reboot and see if that helps any in the downloading and converting. Would like it if a representative of this company could troubleshoot this before I buy it though. I think I have given them enough data for them to analyze my problem.. Waiting for a response.

CRAIGARR
03-19-2013, 08:08 PM
I am offering to buy this program/suite .. Does anyone who works here care to chime in on this?

Jeff Lenney
03-20-2013, 10:31 PM
I am offering to buy this program/suite .. Does anyone who works here care to chime in on this?

Good evening Craig

If you don't mind, Please use the technical support section of the website to submit your tech support ticket and include your record log file so we can look into this further for you and see exactly what YOUR PC is doing with RMC and Youtube HD videos

http://applian.com/support.php

Thank you kindly!

Shellie Heggenberger
03-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi Craig,

I am checking with the developer on this and will get back to you shortly.

Ethan Alan
03-22-2013, 10:45 AM
It is quite simple. Replay Media Catcher 4 captures the video as it is streamed. YouTube uses FLV for 480P and less. It changes to MP4 for higher definitions. It does not have HD FLV files. You can have RMC4 convert it automatically after the download is complete by selecting convert to "FLV same quality". Though, you will find the size of the FLV file will grow dramatically.

CRAIGARR
03-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I recently had to do a fresh install of Win XP due to malware and was using the onboard video card with some crappy generic windows drivers. This is probably why the MP4 videos in HD are very degraded. I have a nice video card with 2 gig memory on the way and hopefully this is the reason the play back of the mp4 hd look so nasty. Will install video card next Saturday and hopefully will buy the suite on Sunday. I have tried snag-it and I am not sure if my PC is "fast" enough for video captures that way. But this part belongs in a different part of the Forum.