PDA

View Full Version : Applian may resort to screen recorders....

MatthewC1000
11-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Don't take the title subject seriously ...;)
As you can see RMC seems to fail on a few sites...because, Adobe has released
to site that stream videos...a flash data block code. Applian programs were a major success & still are the best of all video downloaders avail' Of course, Adobe has
seen all the applian programs. As we all know, Adobe does not feel like making it to easy to record the videos that stream flash. Whats been implemented...
is something that blocks RMC. :mad: How does this work "this is my guess": Because the site knows how RMC software requests in codes to download the the flash video of the site server. The site detects the RMC software running and, knows and, immediately denies access request to the RMC software. For the record,
a majority of sites that stream video/audio files do not have this: "flash data block code". So, RMC does work on a enormous list of video/audio sites.
So, your temporary answer is trying Replay Video capture. It would be nice
if when you choose a window you want you can click on and, zoom into it.
Now,
RVC seems okay but, here is a few things that's not nice.
You have to leave the website video running 'till the video is complete.
You can not play music or it will be recorded in the background.
Now, I know in Settings you can set the amount of time you want to record to but, it would be nice if you can set it in the main window better...:D

there is another program I won't mention that does virtually the same thing as RMC that seems to work where RMC fails...the difference well,
except the names are different but, the characteristics/behavior are the same. Note: if your okay with allowing me to state what the name of the app is: let me know and, I will state it..:)

Tasha Heinlein
11-26-2008, 12:40 AM
You are correct that Media Catcher is failing on a few sites because of new security. We are close to getting a fix in place. I think the past has proven that we stay on top of these changes and get fixes in place as soon as we can, however some fixes are a little more difficult than others :)
We appreciate all feedback from our customers. But we do ask that we limit this forum to Applian products only. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.