PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting partial download icon

DigitalBooth
03-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi, before purchasing Media Catcher, I tested it and it worked beautifully. Since registering it now, on some sites, keeps showing only the partial download icon which never seems to complete. On others, I get the ticked icon and can play the downloaded flv files. Please help me. Am I doing something wrong. I was able to download from this site before.. but now only get partial download icons.

I am a rather challenged newbie on such matters ... thanks in advance :):)

DigitalBooth
03-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Hi folks..does anyone have a tip please? Why do I only get a partial download icon instead of being able to download thye complete file? Cheers:confused:

Debbie McCormick
03-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Can you tell us what source you are having trouble recording from that I can test it here?

DigitalBooth
03-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Yes...the source is www.Kelbytrainning.com
I have a legitimate account to view the tutes, but unfortunately cannot always watch on-line. Need to be able to save it ... they acknowledge that you need to be a techie to download and save it in their FAQ.
If you need to I could give yu details of the account to try via private email correspondence. You could also try the demo tues as theymay be streamed the same way... I think,
Thanks Debbie...

David

jsjohnston7
04-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Digital Booth,
I simpathize with you. I'm new to This program and still having trouble finding answers. I have had a lot of incomplete recordings, too. Seem that 32,768 KB is the largest file I am able to record. I'm sure since I haven't found text saying anything about the lmit of a recorded file that this is an error. Are you have this type of trouble, too?
As soon as I get the hang of posting and reading these files, I'll help you find your answers. Good luck.
jsjohnston7

Susi
04-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Yes...the source is www.Kelbytrainning.com
I have a legitimate account to view the tutes, but unfortunately cannot always watch on-line. Need to be able to save it ... they acknowledge that you need to be a techie to download and save it in their FAQ.
If you need to I could give yu details of the account to try via private email correspondence. You could also try the demo tues as theymay be streamed the same way... I think,
Thanks Debbie...

David

the site only has one n and I tried it and did not have a problem but I also don't have an account so I just did their demo mode. Susi

DigitalBooth
04-30-2008, 01:19 AM
Thnaks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately while the deom tutes downloads fully at the Kelby site, the other member's tutes always ends up as partial downloads at about 30k. It's as if something has been done to cripple it so that you can only view it being streamed but not save it to disk. Shame, as having subscribed I wish I had the freedom to view the tutes without having to be online and without the stuttering that often accopanies the live stream. Thanks again. David

petrogia
05-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Thnaks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately while the deom tutes downloads fully at the Kelby site, the other member's tutes always ends up as partial downloads at about 30k. It's as if something has been done to cripple it so that you can only view it being streamed but not save it to disk. Shame, as having subscribed I wish I had the freedom to view the tutes without having to be online and without the stuttering that often accopanies the live stream. Thanks again. David

Try the new Replay Media Catcher 2.20 which was released on May 1st. Read the user guide. Applian has very simple user guides.

DigitalBooth
05-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Thank you but stil no luck ... can't get pass the 35k partail download limit.

kevinmo
06-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Thank you but stil no luck ... can't get pass the 35k partail download limit.

No neither can I...... Is this problem going anywhere? I am using version 2.3! Each time I capture it seems to capture a different amount of data each time but never the whole recording.

Thanks

Tasha Heinlein
07-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

The developer is working on a new version of Media Catcher. I see that the issue with recording off of kebytraining seems to happen once the free trial is up. If anyone would be kind enough to create a support ticket in the Media Catcher department and share their username and password I can get the developer to test this site.

http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/index.php#contact

Thank you!

newbie99
07-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Tasha:

The developer can create his / her own FREE account at Kelby and will be able to see the first 3 videos of every lesson. Hopefully that will be enough.

When you say the problem occurs when the free trial is up, does that mean the demo version of Media Catcher works fine (up to the 75% limit)?

Thanks

Tasha Heinlein
07-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately while the deom tutes downloads fully at the Kelby site, the other member's tutes always ends up as partial downloads at about 30k. It's as if something has been done to cripple it so that you can only view it being streamed but not save it to disk.

So it seems that Media Catcher is able to record the free "demo" videos off of www.kelbytraining.com, but once you sign up for a paid account it no longer is able to capture. That's why we're hoping to be able to test this to see if we have it worked out with the newer version.
So just a reminder to anyone who may have a paid account - we would really appreciate it if you could open a support ticket and share your username and a temp password!! Thanks.

Tasha Heinlein
07-25-2008, 03:28 PM
O.K. it looks like the new version of Media Catcher is going to work with www.kelbytraining.com. The BETA should be released pretty soon.

paulsroom
07-25-2008, 11:41 PM
I get a 30second recording before Replay Catcher breaks the connection. This happens on every site. Is there a setting I have to make, reload the program or is even my anti-virus software (ZoneAlarm)?

Tasha Heinlein
07-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I get a 30second recording before Replay Catcher breaks the connection. This happens on every site. Is there a setting I have to make, reload the program or is even my anti-virus software (ZoneAlarm)?

I think it would be best if you created a support ticket. I need more info from you so we can figure out what is happening.

http://applian.com/help/index.php?pid=newticket&user=&department=39

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

meka4996
07-27-2008, 01:04 AM
yes, maybe if you take out the activation code, you can download the video [75% of it, making sense??]... not sure how much those two are related.

Generally, close the browser-> open RM Catcher-> start recording-> then go to website or click on the video...
On MSN Videos, sometimes the Catcher may indicate
"partial RTMP stream" or "complete" but only 35kb max file size...
just wait for half hour or so then try again

Once you see it passes 100kb and keeps going, it will surely download the whole video, then the time window for you to download has come...
I even did this in Innotek VirtualBox, have fun!

paulsroom
07-29-2008, 01:01 AM
I think it would be best if you created a support ticket. I need more info from you so we can figure out what is happening.

http://applian.com/help/index.php?pid=newticket&user=&department=39

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Yes, I have done this and am currently for a reply, my ticket number 2D088D. I have found that the same video that I am trying to access has been successfully recorded by a person in a forum I visit, but I don't know what software they used. I wondered if the Replay Catcher and Replay A/V is affected by my anti-virus (ZoneAlarm). but I see that many other users are having the same problem.

Tasha Heinlein
07-29-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm sure I remember responding to you a couple days ago...can you double check the ticket number please?

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein