Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher 3 is now available

Debbie McCormick Guest

Default Replay Media Catcher 3 is now available

Replay Media Catcher now supports more sites and protocols. Look here for a list of everything that's new.

Download the latest beta from this page.

Important: Prior to installing version 3.0, please uninstall any previous version of Replay Media Catcher, then re-boot your computer.

We appreciate your feedback.

Thumbs up

I have noticed that, on the site http://www.youku.com none of your apps capture the whole video for over 7 minutes long e.g. Lets say you wanna download a 20 minutes in length like: "Threes company" and, what happens is, it only downloads 7 minutes out of a possible 20 minute long video so, please advise.

Do you get the green checkmark next to the file in the list? Please play the file back, most likely it is complete and has just been captured faster than real time.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    Do you get the green checkmark next to the file in the list?
    Yes, I do but, the video has the first 7 Minutes long out of a 22 minute video.
    please help....

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    Please play the file back, most likely it is complete and has just been captured faster than real time.
    Actually, its complete but, no matter what app I play the FLV file its only 7 minutes in lenght so, im missing 17 minutes in the video.
    This is the video i'm trying to capture:
    Here is the video I'm trying to download but, only downloads 7 minutes in lenght.
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg4MzgwNTY=.html

Thank you!

Thumbs down

BTW, I found a site that none of your apps seem to wanna pick up the download for here is the link in question::

http://podblanc.com/hitler-gets-banned-from-you-tube

RMC works fine on that site.

It uses a different-than-normal port to connect out.. so if you are behind a firewall, or on a work network, tell your administrator to allow port 44481 or add a permission to your firewall to allow MediaCatcher.exe to connect via 44481.

-andy.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Heinlein View Post
    RMC works fine on that site.

It uses a different-than-normal port to connect out.. so if you are behind a firewall, or on a work network, tell your administrator to allow port 44481 or add a permission to your firewall to allow MediaCatcher.exe to connect via 44481.

-andy.

Andy Heinlein, I hate to sound stupid but, are you reffering to podblanc.com
    ?? RMC goes online on its own so, how do I configure it to use the port your mentioning?

Yes, podblanc.com...

Firewalls, by default, block all ports except the popular ones (for instance: HTTP). If Media Catcher is having a problem capturing the videos on that site, it is most likely because a firewall somewhere is blocking the connection out.

It is very rare to see a video site use such an odd port... I don't see this site becoming very popular because of this weird port restriction.

If you are positive there are no firewalls set up to block, then just make sure you close all your browsers before clicking "Start Recording", then open your browser and navigate to podblanc.com.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Heinlein View Post
    Yes, podblanc.com...
    Please disregard my message regarding : podblanc.com for some reason, I went to it now, and, it picked up the download So, I really can't explain why I could not download from that site before...*shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC1000 View Post
    I have noticed that, on the site http://www.youku.com none of your apps capture the whole video for over 7 minutes long e.g. Lets say you wanna download a 20 minutes in length like: "Threes company" and, what happens is, it only downloads 7 minutes out of a possible 20 minute long video so, please advise.
    This video, along with a lot of videos on this site, is split into segments. Leave Media Catcher recording and it will capture all the streams in segments. See this post: https://forum.applian.com/showpost.p...98&postcount=7

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.