Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Is Schedule8.dat Now in Windows XP and Windows 7 ?

Question Where Is Schedule8.dat Now in Windows XP and Windows 7 ?

Hi Folks,

Since about version 8.60 (or 8.61) of Replay A/V when the changes were made concerning the location of the Schedule8.dat file for Windows Vista & 7, I have not been able to find it when running on Windows XP. As a result, I cannot get a reinstall of Replay A/V on XP to pick up the schedule that I saved prior to the reinstall. I wind up rolling back to 8.53 which still has Schedule8.dat located in the Replay A/V Program Files folder,and it works fine. So where is Schedule8.dat on newer versions of Replay A/V runing on Windows XP?

Thanks kindly.

Default Re: Where Is Schedule8.dat Now in Windows XP ?

did you try using the search for windows and see if the file comes up?

Wink Re: Where Is Schedule8.dat Now in Windows XP and Windows 7 ?

Got this answer from Cheryl in support (thank you Cheryl):

"If you go to your log file it should let you know where your new log file is. Also, uninstall the version you have and reboot. Then download and install the latest version of the program as it does offer a lot of improvements. To see where the file goes install the latest version, free upgrade, and then do one recording. Look at the log file to see where it is. That is where you will move your schedule8.dat file to."

The answer in Windows XP is:

C:\Documents and Settings\{USERNAME}\Local Settings\Application Data\Schedule8.dat

The answer in Windows 7 is:

C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local

To simplify, I created a shortcut directly to the respective folders for each operating system, and I copied the address locations into my master file which contains my Replay registration info, etc.

Red face Re: Where Is Schedule8.dat Now in Windows XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by carlobee View Post
    did you try using the search for windows and see if the file comes up?

Ironically, search did not find it, perhaps since it was in a hidden file location, and I had "Show Hidden Files" (in folder options) turned off. My shortcuts (in my other reply) appear to work even with hidden files not showing.

Default Re: Where Is Schedule8.dat Now in Windows XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterC View Post
    Got this answer from Cheryl in support (thank you Cheryl):

"If you go to your log file it should let you know where your new log file is. Also, uninstall the version you have and reboot. Then download and install the latest version of the program as it does offer a lot of improvements. To see where the file goes install the latest version, free upgrade, and then do one recording. Look at the log file to see where it is. That is where you will move your schedule8.dat file to."

The answer in Windows XP is:

C:\Documents and Settings\{USERNAME}\Local Settings\Application Data\Schedule8.dat

The answer in Windows 7 is:

To simplify, I created a shortcut directly to the respective folders for each operating system, and I copied the address locations into my master file which contains my Replay registration info, etc.
    i just upgraded to a new computer and have windows 7 - i could not get the latest version of replay av to import my data file - i even tried copying and pasting it into the C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local but replay does not recognize the file - any other suggestions will be appreciated as i have over 100 schedules i do not want to lose - thanks

Default Where is Schedule.DAT stored?

I know it has been answered before, but search didn't find it; neither did a search of my hard drive!

Default Re: Where is Schedule.DAT stored?

Quote Originally Posted by Cammo View Post
    I know it has been answered before, but search didn't find it; neither did a search of my hard drive!
    Each system is different depending on what version of windows you are using. Use Windows Search. Look for schedule8.dat. Thanks.

Thanks. My initial search omitted the "8"...problem solved!

I have also found the schedule folder by searching. When I look at tools--log viewer, I just can't see the location of the schedule folder anywhere. Do you mean it is somewhere in the actual log file, I have looked there too. Sorry if I'm being dense, I can't find it. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blubaru View Post
    I have also found the schedule folder by searching. When I look at tools--log viewer, I just can't see the location of the schedule folder anywhere. Do you mean it is somewhere in the actual log file, I have looked there too. Sorry if I'm being dense, I can't find it. thanks.
    Not exactly sure what you're asking. There is no "schedule folder;" all of the schedules you set are enclosed in the schedule8.dat file (it's a database file containing one record for each scheduled recording, and fields containing the information for that specific recording). Don't plan on manually editing that file unless you have a complete understanding of the structure...you won't like the results if you do. But do immediately make a backup of that file, and back it up any time you make changes to the schedule you don't want to lose...I've had that file corrupt itself on more than one occasion, and backups have saved my bacon.

If instead you are looking for the folder where the recordings themselves are stored, simply select "View Shows" on any scheduled recording and go up one folder level.

Maybe if you backed-up a bit and told us exactly what you want to accomplish, we can suggest what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Each system is different depending on what version of windows you are using. To see where it is open up AV and select Tools-View log file. Look for schedule8.dat. Thanks.
    Er...huh? First off, the menu selection is Tools->Log Viewer, and secondly that won't tell you the location of schedule8.dat...at least in selecting a number of daily logs and "viewing" them (opening them in Notepad) and searching, "schedule8" doesn't appear anywhere.

The easiest way to find the database file is to use the start menu and "Search" for "schedule8.dat" (methodology here also varies based on your version of Windows) - personally, I put a shortcut to the enclosing folder on my desktop, so I can easily backup that file. I sorta miss the days when it could be stored in the Program Files directory, but I surely understand why it had to be moved to the user's directory...