Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: latest 3.4 version 08-07-08 not naming tracks

Hello, you have probably a problem for the "musicDns" system to access the web ("genupuid.exe").
    The tagging is perfect for me with the latest version on EVERY music site i
    tried, so there's no problem at all with the software.

I must say i have a little problem with the firewall , i've given all access for
    Replay Music and "genupuid" to access the web, nevertheless each time i
    start a recording session ,when the soft tries to identificate the first song
    i have once again to tell the firewall to authorize "genupuid".

Maybe it's the problem that many people face with the latest version : a bad
    interaction with firewalls.

Bye.

I'm using 3.45 with Yahoo and it's not naming tracks. A few here and there, that's it. Computer is XP, no firewall and I'm using the high quality stream.

Gonna try 3.35 and see what that does.

Oh and it's classic rock... Van Halen, Led Zep, Rolling Stones... So I find it hard to think they're not in the DB. I'm also using default settings.

Default Reply Music tagging is random

I am new to using Replay Music (version 3.45) and tagging is random: sometimes is doesn't tag, sometimes it tags with all the right information, and sometimes it tags with the right artist & title but the wrong album. I've given the Firewall access to Replay Music: however, I've scanned my C: drive and there isn't a file called genupuid.exe. Any advise will be appreciated.

Also, what is the Rhapsody Unlimited Kbps stream speed?

Just installed 3.35 and ran launch plus and 45 seconds into a song I skipped ahead and it still tagged correctly...

We'll see how it does, but so far it looks alot better.

Missed 1 out of 25 with 3.35... With 3.45 it tagged one out of maybe 25...

In response to Duhtch; in fact the name is "genpuid.exe".
    You can find it in the Replay music folder in the "mdnslib" sub folders.

Bye.

Default What is the Rhapsody Unlimited Kbps stream speed?

What is the Rhapsody Unlimited Kbps stream speed?

I have the same problem with 3.45 not naming tracks. I read the various posts and then went to my firewall (McAfee) and allowed both RM and genpuid.exe full access. It still did not work, so I went back to the firewall to check if they still had access and it shows that genpuid no longer exists. Humm..so I reinstalled the RM software and looked at the firewall again, and it still does not exist. Did a search and it does not appear anywhere. Previous searches found it at c:\program files\replay music\2868_mdnslib\genpuid.exe....or something similiar to that. Any suggestions?

I'd like to post my experience with Replay Music over the last week or so.

Mission: Attempt the record and tag Christmas music from Rhapsody,

First Try: RM 3.4, Volume input. No success. No recognition. Terrible audio.

Second Try: RM 3.35, Volume input. Meager success. Recognition ok. Started off with good audio but went downhil.

Third Try: RM 3.4, Volume input, genpuid.exe give total access by firewall. Recognition better, but not as good as RM 3.45. Audio spotty.

Fourth Try: RM 3.4, Audio Driver input, genpuid.exe give total access by firewall, RM volume setting to 1 click below max, Windows volume set at 1/2, all sound mixer output set to Mute except Rhapsody player (Vista only). Recognition excellent, even for obscure holiday music. Tagging as good as can be expected for songs that are on 23 different X-Mas albums.

In conclusion, I found that the Volume input setting didn't work at all for 3.4 and only worked well enough for me to think it was working for 3.45. It wasn't until I used the Audio Driver input setting that the program really shined.

Default Version 3.5 does not work on my Vista Ultimate system either

I use Vista Ultimate, clean build with McAfee firewall as the only security software.

I record from Rhapsody.

I haver never had trouble with tagging before, but now it does not work at all.

I have installed 3.34 again and it works fine.