Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bad service: wmcapture and elecard MPEG-2 video codec

Angry bad service: wmcapture and elecard MPEG-2 video codec

Hi there,
    this is a 3rd time I keep asking around without any answere
    I purchased wmcapture 3.0 and used it to record the video from internet.
    after few weeks, it appears the message at the bottom of the screen while I play back the video"the evaluation has expired, you need to buy the elecard MPG2 video converter, contact..........etc.....""
    what's going on here?I sent the ticket messages to the customer service (3 times), there is no reply back so far. Even I sent out the fax to the number they listed, the number is locked. I just want my money back or resolve this problem.
    what can I do before I report to business bureau about your company(which partnership with wmrecoder) and the wm recorder company
    Hoang nguyen

Edited by Mod: Please do not post your phone # in this forum, it's public and anybody can obtain it.
    Last edited by Jeff Lenney; 12-09-2008 at 07:06 PM.

I believe you are barking up the wrong tree, and mentioning the BBB isn't going to do you any good, because Applian doesn't support WM Recorder and the BBB will brush you off with the same info you have already gotten here. Your best bet is to go to the WM Recorder site and complain there.

http://www.wmrecorder.com/support.php

Quote Originally Posted by hoang_q_nguyen View Post
    Hi there,
    this is a 3rd time I keep asking around without any answere
    I purchased wmcapture 3.0 and used it to record the video from internet.
    after few weeks, it appears the message at the bottom of the screen while I play back the video"the evaluation has expired, you need to buy the elecard MPG2 video converter, contact..........etc.....""
    what's going on here?I sent the ticket messages to the customer service (3 times), there is no reply back so far. Even I sent out the fax to the number they listed, the number is locked. I just want my money back or resolve this problem.
    what can I do before I report to business bureau about your company(which partnership with wmrecoder) and the wm recorder company
    Hoang nguyen 707-539-6600
    WM Recorder is owned by Software © 2008 All Alex Inc.
    Not Applian...contact them...Applian Only shares the code....
    "elecard MPG2 video converter" is a plugin developed by a 3rd party company
    because, WM Recorder does not own/this plugin and, it belongs
    to another company....which distributes it under Trialware...so, WM Recorder
    can not put the plugin for FREE...the result: you have to shell out some
    money to the owner of elecard MPG2 video converter. NOT WM Recorder...

Question bad service

Hi Mat,
    thank you for your info
    I did tryto sent the complains to Wmcapture company, but they block everything, even the fax number.
    regarding the trialware matter, should they include that information when I put down the money to purchase the product? I 'm sure nobody want to pay twice for the service they bought. I just felt somebody ripped me off , this wmcapture my wife bought for me on my birthday
    I guest that Alex guy made money by cheating on customer, it's low, very low...
    best regard
    Hoang Nguyen

Hi Hoang,

Please un-install WM Capapture and re-install the latest version which does NOT use the ele-card codec.

You can download from here after uninstalling: www.wmrecorderpro.com/install_wmcap_3_1.exe

Regards,

Tom Mayes

Hoang,

We do not own WM Recorder. We jointly own the WM Recorder site, and market and support the program though.

Support for WMR is ONLY done via online tickets, not this forum. Please submit a ticket if you have any issues, we're very good about responding to tickets within 12-24 hours.

As Tom said above, WM Capture is no longer using the elecard codec, as it does cause the above mentioned problem.
    Please download and install the new version and let me know if this fixes the issue..

www.wmrecorderpro.com/install_wmcap_3_1.exe

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Your association with WMR Recorder

Like the previous 'Victim' WMR is non responsive to requests for support.
    I understand that you do not handle requests for support from that company;
    however, you probably continue to hear complaints about the lack of service because of this association.

Like the previous 'Victim', I feel as though I have been ripped off because of their claim of having support, when so far I have yet to have a response to a request of support from DEC 2 2008, which I recieved an automated response acknowledging reciept of my ticket, but when I checked the status, it said, '0min time spent/ status trashed.

Department: WM Recorder & Replay Video Suite (WMR/RMR)
    Ticket ID: 736EC2
    Email: [email protected]

Prior to posting here, I made an attempt to re submit my ticket.

Had I got any kind of sentient response, I would not be posting here--but I feel people should be forewarned of dealing with them.

Because of my lack of satisfaction,your association severely taints any possibility of buying an applian product.
    This is not meant as a slam to Applian, but I am giving you a potential customer's perspective of the results of your association.

I located your ticket and made sure that it was flagged for attention. We do have a spam filter and it is possible that your ticket was trashed without our knowledge. I apologize for this inconvenience, you should hear back from someone shortly!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Hi Kevin,

I did a search for tickets under your email address provided. I checked for open tickets, closed tickets, and even trashed tickets (Spam) and was not able to find anything except the current one.

It's possible that it never came through due to a glitch somewhere, or it's possible that we mistakenly flagged it as spam, as we are getting alot lately, but I would have been able to find it still even if that were the case.

At any rate, We do respond to ALL tickets within 12-24 hours as often as possible. AlsoI did respond to your current ticket, so please check it and respond at your leisure. If it's not showing up in your inbox, make sure you check your junk/spam folders as well.

Thank you VERY much for your patience, I understand this must be frustrating so I truly do appreciate that.
    Last edited by Jeff Lenney; 01-17-2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Everything is working fine with the new version 12.4--all the features are the same, just have to see the updated manual to be sure of feature operation.

thank you for your quick responses.