Thread: RMC downloads duplicate videos

Default RMC downloads duplicate videos

Hi, I noticed that every time I open a streaming video file, RMC starts downloading 2 copies the file. It gives it different names, but it is the same video. For example: CFBF9DFA_5101117.on2 and FB0FD879_5101117.on2 are the same video. It changes the extension to .flv at the end, but It always downloads duplicate videos.
    In fact if I close the video, RMC continues to download the file, and if I open it in error again, I get an additional 2 copies of the file. So now I have 4 copies. So it takes twice to four times the time it would normally take to download.
    Is there something I am not doing properly? Also what is the chance of downloading the file name as opposed to a string of letters and numbers?
    Cheers.

Which version of Media Catcher are you using? - click help>>about.
    Also can you give an example of a site that you are capturing from? Thank you!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi Tasha, I am using v2.01.00.00. The site is Dailymotion.com
    I captured video from another site (can not remember the name), and thankfully that was a single file download, it was also not in .flv format, bit windows media format.

Just to experiment again before replying, I tried to capture some more video from Dailymotion. The 1st file was amazingly a single file download and showed up immediately in .flv format (as opposed to .on2 first and then .flv on completion). The next file I tried to capture came up with 4 files being downloaded. Also noticed that sometimes it captures videos in 'Thumbnail mode' (for lack of a better word), where the video is very small, about 1 cm x 1 cm.
    Cheers.

This was fixed in the newer versions. We recently released a paid upgrade available for 9.95. This upgrade allows you to capture from many popular sites such as Hulu.com. You can check out the upgrade here:

http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/upgrade3.php

Or upgrade to version 2.4 for free, here:

http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

You will see the link under the download button.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.