Thread: audio capture issue

Question audio capture issue

how do I get this application to capture the audio as well? I tested it with a streaming QT file and all I got was the video.

The troubleshooter tells me to select "Universal Audio Driver" but that's not an option for me. Do I need to run a line from my speaker port to my mic port?

When the file was streaming, I heard it fine through my speakers, but when I replayed it thru Nero Showtime, I only got video.

Please, please, please help

Quote Originally Posted by haumana View Post
    how do I get this application to capture the audio as well? I tested it with a streaming QT file and all I got was the video.

The troubleshooter tells me to select "Universal Audio Driver" but that's not an option for me. Do I need to run a line from my speaker port to my mic port?

When the file was streaming, I heard it fine through my speakers, but when I replayed it thru Nero Showtime, I only got video.

Please, please, please help
    Answer

Did I miss something in the User's Guide?

I do not have a Universal Audio Driver, and I did have "Record Audio" checked off. When I click the test, I hear the melody. I just get no audio upon playback, which leads me to believe that it's not being recorded.

What other settings or setup do I need to do to make it work?

My Audio Source: Realtek AC97 Audio. Audio Inputs: Stereo Mix. The message after click Test, "Recording from internal source not available or could no be detected! Choose another Audio Input or another Audio Source from the list above. The audio input called Stereo Mix, Wave Out or What you Hear usually indicates that recording is available."

So what should i have it set at? I only have Realteck AC97 Audio as an Audio Source option, and have the followings as Audio Inputs to choose from: Mono Mix, Stereo Mix, SPDIF, Aux, CD Player, Line In, Microphone, and Phone Line, however it whatever I try to change it to gives me a pop window, "Cannot Select this Input."
    Last edited by haumana; 11-13-2008 at 10:11 PM.

I too have the same problem with audio. (Video is great even though it does capture the original slider bar from the source.)

I can hear the original sound from the video source, I can hear the test bubble sound from the sound source configuration.

The motherboard is is older than 2 years so the 2007 and newer part does not apply. The universal audio decoder also fails to capture any sound. I am running WinXP on an Intel dual core 3 GHz with 2 GB memory. Available hard disk space is over 250 GB. Latest ATI video drivers and all critical and optional updates from Microsoft for WinXP.

I downloaded the demo for Media Catcher and it too failed to capture any audio.

I took the M-Audio sound card from another machine and installed it (along with the current drivers) and still no audio recording from any source. I have restarted the computer and followed the sequence of starting the Video Catcher before the browser. I have tried the latest editions of multiple browsers (IE, Firefox, and Chrome) and all have worked wonderfully when viewing and listening but completely failed when capturing the audio portion of video streams.

I would love to be able to buy and use these products.
    Last edited by Wood; 11-30-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Added OS notes.