Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: freecorder doesn't record anymore...

Rod, I just had the same problem. Here's the solution:

go to task manager, processes, click on freecorder, and End process.

Now you can record again.

Many thanks for that tip. Did as you said but I cannot find any reference to Freecorder under Processes in Task manager. However when I went back to try the Freecorder it worked! Dont know for how long though.

Thanks

Rod

I was having the same problem and here's how I corrected it. I don't know why this works, but it does for me. There's a music player at the far right of the toolbar. If I start it playing, wait about 30 seconds, and then click Record, my recorder starts working. Thin I stop the music player. From then on, I can record anything that comes over the speakers. Try this and see if it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by edo100 View Post
    Rod, I just had the same problem. Here's the solution:

go to task manager, processes, click on freecorder, and End process.

Now you can record again.
    Thanks so much. This solved the problem for me too. The other sugestion of pressing the play button at the right of the toolbar did not help me.

This is the first time I have used it and before I got the "Another application is currently using the libraries needed to record. You may only run one Freecorder at a time" message the recorder had stopped working for me too after working properly to start with.

As long as I run IE as Administrator there don't seem to be any problems now and this app solves a major drawback of Vista and produces excellent results.
    Last edited by xtra4; 05-29-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Default Re: freecorder doesn't record anymore...

I agree with Martyritaville... I think you should try shutting down your pc and reboot. When you open Freecorder, just click pause rather than record and then start your audio file immediately. It should start recording again. It just worked for me. I was going nuts because it worked fine when I first downloaded the program a few months ago. I thought it was my soundcard at first.

Hope this helps,

alpine

Default Re: freecorder doesn't record anymore..

Had a similar issue - Audio capture had been working fine but just stopped one day and would not record (dreaded flat line). After some poking around and following some of the advice already posted (with no luck) I happened upon the Settings button (the small wrench icon on the Freecorder toolbar). Opening that I found the Audio capture settings were set to use the Applian Audio Driver Technology ONLY. I selected to use the Windows Audio Technology also, tested and it WORKED!. Initially I though it may be a windows sound issue but perhaps the Applian driver has become corrupt?... perhaps an uninstall and reinstall may fix it properly?... either way I am happy to be able to record again! )