Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: freecorder doesn't record anymore...

Default freecorder doesn't record anymore...

I'm having this problem with freecoder for a long time... no matter what I do, freecorder just won't record anything, even my own music that is playing in my media player... it used to work with every site and record my own music that I play, but now it doesn't... even my trick of scrolling back the music time-line navigator while freecorder is running doesn't work anymore, even after my computer is formatted...

can anyone help me...? is there an up-date for freecorder so I could record streaming audios again...? I already tried un-installing and re-installing freecorder and nothing changes as well... my current OS is vista after formatting my computer...

thanks in advance...

Default Windows Vista Fix

Ok, so I had this problem where when i hit record the error message "Data Execution" Prevention stopped this program." It's annoying, but can be overridden.
    Go to your Start menu and look for Computer and second click it and go to properties. or go to Control panel and go to system

The system window comes up go to advanced system settings get through the UAC and the system properties box comes up

click "settings" under "performance" go to "Data Execution Prevention"

click "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
    the list-box clears up.

go to Add. If you did not change the file path you should paste

"C:\Program Files\Freecorder Toolbar\Freecorder.exe"

into the file name box (w/o quotes) and then click "Open" on the list it should say "Freecorder Application and it should be checked.

Click Apply and then restart your computer and it should work fine.

tried that... but still doesn't record... the recording line is still a dead line...

maybe it's because of Imeem's anti-leeching techno...

thanks, anyway...

Out of curiosity, Do you have Replay AV or Replay Music installed on your computer? If you do they need to be closed n order to use the toolbar.

Simple I know, but worth asking.

Thanks.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by maximusthedark View Post
    I'm having this problem with freecoder for a long time... no matter what I do, freecorder just won't record anything, even my own music that is playing in my media player... it used to work with every site and record my own music that I play, but now it doesn't... even my trick of scrolling back the music time-line navigator while freecorder is running doesn't work anymore, even after my computer is formatted...

can anyone help me...? is there an up-date for freecorder so I could record streaming audios again...? I already tried un-installing and re-installing freecorder and nothing changes as well... my current OS is vista after formatting my computer...

thanks in advance...
    If you are using IE as your browser, you will need to right click on the IE icon and choose "Run as administrator". On the toolbar- click "settings" then "defaults", which is in the lower left corner. Always be sure to start recording before you begin playing the audio.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

thanks, guys... but the recording line is still dead as black...

any more suggestions...?

This same thing just happened to me. I downloaded freecorder today, everything was finr for a while, but now it no longer records.

Default Found my mistake, maybe it'll help??

Had a similar problem: Freecorder just stopped recording, showing only a flat line.

My error was not starting Freecorder before loading the webpage. You don't have to hit 'Record', just push 'Pause' to bring up the little wave box. Then navigate to, or reload your page.

It was explained to me that Freecorder detects the audio files as the page is loading, and cannot detect the buried audio file after the flash app has loaded.

Hope this helps.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyritaville View Post
    Had a similar problem: Freecorder just stopped recording, showing only a flat line.

My error was not starting Freecorder before loading the webpage. You don't have to hit 'Record', just push 'Pause' to bring up the little wave box. Then navigate to, or reload your page.

It was explained to me that Freecorder detects the audio files as the page is loading, and cannot detect the buried audio file after the flash app has loaded.

Hope this helps.

M.
    Helped so much I create an account in your honor.

Default Similar problem

My Freecorder 2 started out by recording perfectly. Now whenever I press any button I get a message which says "Another application is currently using the libraries needed to record. You may only run one Freecorder at a time."

What on earth does this mean? I am not running two Freecorders and no other application is loaded.

I am fast coming to the conclusion that Freecorder is a load of unstable rubbish. Can anyone help? Please...

Rod