Thread: 1st Time User Two-Three Questions

Default 1st Time User Two-Three Questions

I really needd to record a GoToMeeting training today. THe comapny from whom we bought our software (on which we are getting the training) uses GotTo Meeting to take control of one of our computers to do the training (so they are using our version of their software on our computers -- more real world....)

1. They do not use web audio, they call in by telephone, what's the best way to record audio?
    2. Does Video Replay Capture slow down the connection?
    3 Is the video replay caputre application visible to the presenter? I am trying to get them to record the training but if they don't/can't I would rather do VideoReplay capture than set up my Sony handy cam and literally video record in on the cam corder. My preference is to record the session without the potential fuss over it being recorded.

TO BE CLEAR, I have NOT been prohibited from recording by the presenter. So anyone giving me advice is not helping be break any agreements or confidnetiality.

Thanks so much in advance

Default Re: 1st Time User Two-Three Questions

Hey there, sorry if this response is a bit late - I usually work evenings

1. Honestly, there is no good way for this - if you're able to hear the audio on your pc speakers though you can still use RVC to capture that audio.
    2. The connection, no - it simply records what's on your pc's screen and from your PC's audio card and/OR microphone. You DO need to tweak the settings however to make sure you get the optimal recording for your particular computer.
    3. That's a good question. It most likely IS as it's not part of gotomeeting - therefore it will not be hidden. You CAN minimize it fully once you start recording or move it to another monitor, however. I'd just minimize it once you get going

I hope this helps
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.