Thread: Feature request for to be released "amazing new radio-oriented recording solution"

Default Feature request for to be released "amazing new radio-oriented recording solution"

The download replay A/V mentions that the product is not available anymore and mentions an "amazing new radio-oriented recording solution".
    One request: could the recording name or similar attributes be extended so it can include opera attributes. I need at least 150-200 characters to include composer, opera name, conductor, cast, roles, recording date, place etc.

Personally I'd be in favor of just a free text field that also becomes the file name. Just like it is now, but it's to short. I can sort files any way I want.
    Separate attributes always require special programs to do the same simple sorts. If separate attributes are the way to go, then perhaps an option to put those in the file name also?

An example with composer, opera name, artists-voice type, place etc:
    Meyerbeer,Huguenots Les, Sutherland-s, Corelli-t, Ghiaurov-b, Cossotto-m, Simionato-m, Tozzi-b, Palma de-t, Gavazzeni-c,La Scala ,Orchestra & Chorus, Milano,1962-june, MP3 192kbs

I have left out role names, first names and minor artists, I don't use those. Even without these this example takes 177 characters.

Thanks for considering

===== edit example included
    Last edited by Dick; 09-23-2012 at 02:40 AM.

Default Re: Feature request for to be released "amazing new radio-oriented recording solution"

This might be a good wish-list thread for RR9 (if that's the final name), so here's one:

I'd like to be able to specify the save folder for the recordings for each program, and not necessarily in the default folder (but keep that as an option). This way, I could group recordings using whatever system works best for me. Maybe all recordings from the same country or radio station get dumped into the same folder. Or I send them somewhere else completely. My local radio station doesn't archive their newscasts, nor does a foreign station I regularly check out, so I'd like to be able to send those recordings to my Dropbox account (or similar online storage service) to download whenever I'm near a convenient WiFi source. It'd be very handy if I'm out of town for any length of time. But I can't be doing that for everything I record, or I'd run out of space rather quickly. The bigger stuff could wait until I'm back at my computer.

Default Re: Feature request for to be released "amazing new radio-oriented recording solution"

If we're making this a wish list, I wish the product would be GA tomorrow. I'll check later to see if my wish comes true.

Will this new product record SiriusXM Programs? Did I miss a mention of that somewhere here? I thought I saw that it would. But now I can't find it.

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions - our programmers do read the forums and threads so they are heard
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions - our programmers do read the forums and threads so they are heard
    Will the new software record SiriusXM programs?

We are working on this and hope so-US probably using stream. At the present time I believe Canada only audio. Sirius/XM changes all the time so we don't know.