Thread: Some Videos Do Not Allow Playing back from the Playback Head Position

Default Some Videos Do Not Allow Playing back from the Playback Head Position

Have Media catcher 4.2 on windows XP

Some of my videos will play through in real time all the way through from the beginning. Other videos in the same capture session let me move the play head to 1/2 way through the video and then they can play from there...or 3/4 the way in and they play from that point.

My problem is... that other videos do not allow playing from the playhead position. They only play from the beginning only. It seems like some videos prohibit playing from the middle of the clip.

How can I change the videos so they all support playing the video from the playback head position??

I usually dont convert... and am capturing flv and mp4 tube (not YouTube) kind of videos.

Thanks

Suzzie

Default Re: Some Videos Do Not Allow Playing back from the Playback Head Position

Hi Suzie

We are up to Version 4.4.4 now - please upgrade it from http://applian.com/download-videos and let us know if the problem continues
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Some Videos Do Not Allow Playing back from the Playback Head Position

I have the 4.4.4 software loaded.

Many files seem to fully load and say Complete...but when played may only have 20-40 seconds of a 12 or 17 minute video... that shows a healthy download size of 70-180mb.

The playback head for some videos does does not allow scrubbing or placing it in a position of your choosing in the video. Some clips do this perfectly...some clips will only play through in a totally linear fashion from beginning to end and NOT let you reposition the playback position.

Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks