Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Replay A/V Isn't Recording Sirius Shows In Entirety...

Default Re: Replay A/V Isn't Recording Sirius Shows In Entirety...

We don't know when the program is going to be released with a definite date. We hope to have it in the next couple of months. Regarding Sirius as of now it is working with the US Sirius but if they change how they are streaming (just did in Canada) we don't know. We have no way of knowing what Sirius or other stations are going to do in the future. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We don't know when the program is going to be released with a definite date. We hope to have it in the next couple of months. Regarding Sirius as of now it is working with the US Sirius but if they change how they are streaming (just did in Canada) we don't know. We have no way of knowing what Sirius or other stations are going to do in the future. Thanks.
    Thanks for posting some info Cheryl. Knowing it is months versus days or weeks before the new program is available definitely helps. What about the "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" option that doesn't work with some Flash based sites like Sirius/XM? Is that looking to be resolved in the Replay Radio 9?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Thanks for your response. I'm not sure what you mean by "Regarding Sirius as of now it is working with the US Sirius" What is working? Thanks.

The version of the new program that I'm trying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCarsForever View Post
    Thanks for posting some info Cheryl. Knowing it is months versus days or weeks before the new program is available definitely helps. What about the "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" option that doesn't work with some Flash based sites like Sirius/XM? Is that looking to be resolved in the Replay Radio 9?
    I don't believe we heard whether the "Record Audio You're Hearing Now" option is restored with Replay Radio 9. Can Cheryl or someone else from Applian let us know if this is likley to be fixed in the new version?

We are still working on it to my knowledge. Thanks.

Has anyone found a solution to let us record Sirius while we wait for the long term Applian solution?

OK, for the last few weeks, I have been testing out a short term solution. I think I found one. It is not ideal and it does not work 100% of the time, but I think I have most of the bugs worked out.

If you are recording one channel, you will need 3 things:
    1) Replay A/V to record the sound through your speakers (Or any program that can do that).
    2) Internet Explorer (I'll explain that more later).
    3) siriusKA (Do a search and you will find it).

Here is what siriusKA (aka Sirius Keep Alive) does. Basically it keeps the Sirius online player alive. This program only works with Internet Explorer. I have no clue how or why this program works, but it works most of the time. But it is a frigidity program. If you (from what I have seen, and there could be other answers) set up the program and do something else after setting it up, the likelihood that it won't keep the online player alive increases. I want to state again, that this is ONLY for recording one channel.

Here is what you need to do. Set up Replay A/V (Or another recording program) to record. Then open up the Sirius online player and log in. Next tune in to the channel to you want to record. Then after that you start up the siriusKA program and follow the instructions on the program (you will have to drag an "X" onto the siriusxm logo and then hit start). Once that is done, don't touch anything else. If you do, you may cause the siriusKA program to stop working and the online player will time out after 90 minutes.

Now there is a way to record on two different channels, but not at the same time obviously. That involves a 4th program called Auto Mouse. That program moves the mouse around as if you were moving the mouse. It is a lot more complicated to explain and I am not 100% set on how to make it work with the other programs to record multiple channels.

I do want to mention one other way to record. That is to connect you sirius radio to you computer and record through the speakers. I tried this one time a few years ago on my laptop and it seemed to work. there is no worry about the player timing out, but you can only record one channel, unless there is some sort of machine that can hit a button on a timer.

All you will need is something like this: 3.5mm Audio M/M Retractable Cables. You connect one end into the headphone jack of the sirius radio and the other into the microphone jack in the computer. Then record through the speakers.

Like I said, this is a short term solution, until a new Applian program comes out. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by enfuego360 View Post
    OK, for the last few weeks, I have been testing out a short term solution. I think I found one. It is not ideal and it does not work 100% of the time, but I think I have most of the bugs worked out.

Like I said, this is a short term solution, until a new Applian program comes out. Hope this helps.
    YIKES! I can definitely see how this can work, but unfortunately not doable for me. Most of my recordings occur when I am not anywhere near my computer and/or I am not able to leave the audio running when I leave. Bummer. I really hope something else comes along that allows for scheduled recording of streams. I would even settle for Sirius/XM to allow more shows to be used via their OnDemand system - most of what I want is not part of this program presently.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCarsForever View Post
    I would even settle for Sirius/XM to allow more shows to be used via their OnDemand system - most of what I want is not part of this program presently.
    I don't know why they didn't include the 101 shows. And I think only the live 100 (not vacation) shows are available. Hopefully they'll include them all soon. But even if they do, I think we'll still want something like Replay. I don't trust the techs at siri to consistently add all of the shows in a timely manner.