Thread: Freecorder Bit Rate

Question Freecorder Bit Rate

I noticed that ever since I downloaded the new Freecorder 6, there isn't an option to change the bit rate to a higher state. It seems like it's only at the standard of 128 bit rate. I know Freecorder 3 or 4 had the option to change the bit rate to an even higher quality. I can't seem to find Freecorder 3 to download. And when I try to download the 4, it either gives me the 5th or 6th one. Could anyone perhaps give me the CORRECT link to download the 3rd or 4th? (I mostly prefer the Freecorder 3).

Default Re: Freecorder Bit Rate

Hi AcuraTL

Freecorder audio will download the file in it\'s highest quality. In Freecorder 6 you have the option to convert the file to a different bit rate if you choose.
    Once the file download is downloaded, select the arrow next to the file and select your conversion setting.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Freecorder Bit Rate

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Hi AcuraTL

Freecorder audio will download the file in it\'s highest quality. In Freecorder 6 you have the option to convert the file to a different bit rate if you choose.
    Once the file download is downloaded, select the arrow next to the file and select your conversion setting.
    This defeats the purpose of being able to set a bitrate prior to the download. If you download it in 128... converting it to a higher quality won't add quality because it wasn't recorded with that quality in the first place. For what it's worth, we should be able to choose the initial recording bitrate. You gave us that ability in prior versions, and it's now been removed... So we lost functionality.

Jason