Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgraded Replay Music 4 to 5.20, Won't Launch

Default Re: Upgraded Replay Music 4 to 5.20, Won't Launch

To robschulbum, geoffkc, Ballpoint, and others having a problem with launching Replay Music 4 to 5.20:
    I just spent 2 days plus a flurry of exchanges with Cheryl at Support, and would like to share the solution I found that worked. I am also using WIN XP SP 3.

DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS!

1. Totally uninstall Replay Music using Control Panel. You need to go into Program Files afterwards and delete anything left there called Replay Music. If any file will not delete, CHANGE ITS NAME!
    2. If you do not have Piriform's Ccleaner, DL it from filehippo.com and run the cleaner. Then use the registry feature, choosing YES for backup before fixing all issues found.
    3. Reboot.
    4. DL the version of Replay music you want and save the .exe file. (The new version 5 is great and well worth the $4.95.)
    5. Take your computer off-line, disable your antivirus program and install Replay Music.
    6. RE-enable your antivirus, go back on-line and Launch RM.
    Mine worked seamlessly.
    I hope this helps.

To robschulbum, geoffkc, Ballpoint, and others having a problem with launching Replay Music 4 to 5.20:
    I just spent 2 days plus a flurry of exchanges with Cheryl at Support, and would like to share the solution I found that worked. I am also using WIN XP SP 3.

DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS!

1. Totally uninstall Replay Music using Control Panel. You need to go into Program Files afterwards and delete anything left there called Replay Music. If any file will not delete, CHANGE ITS NAME!
    2. If you do not have Piriform's Ccleaner, DL it from filehippo.com and run the cleaner. Then use the registry feature, choosing YES for backup before fixing all issues found.
    3. Reboot.
    4. DL the version of Replay music you want and save the .exe file. (The new version 5 is great and well worth the $4.95.)
    5. Take your computer off-line, disable your antivirus program and install Replay Music.
    6. RE-enable your antivirus, go back on-line and Launch RM.
    Mine worked seamlessly.
    I hope this helps.

Thank you. I followed your directions quite carefully and now Replay Music 5.30 works without hesitation. The program doesn't hang for 90 seconds before starting as before. I am running Windows Vista and the "fix" worked perfectly.
    Thank you once again.