Thread: Replay AV 8, Vista and SigmaTel sound card

Default Replay AV 8, Vista and SigmaTel sound card

I've downloaded Replay AV 8 (v. 8.5). I can't record 'what you're hearing now' from the speakers. I begin recording like the tutorial shows to no avail. I did download the Freecorder (v. 4.5.186.6) which actually does record, but I'd rather use Replay as it has some really nice features. Any thoughts? I had previously been using Roxio on my old notebook with XP, but since I bought a new Dell with Vista and a SigmaTel sound card, no sound recording was going on til I used Freecorder!

Also, I'm getting alot of metal clicking and slight distortion when XM is playing and recording with Freecorder, any thoughts on fixes?

Thanks!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Maine63 View Post
    I've downloaded Replay AV 8 (v. 8.5). I can't record 'what you're hearing now' from the speakers. I begin recording like the tutorial shows to no avail. I did download the Freecorder (v. 4.5.186.6) which actually does record, but I'd rather use Replay as it has some really nice features. Any thoughts? I had previously been using Roxio on my old notebook with XP, but since I bought a new Dell with Vista and a SigmaTel sound card, no sound recording was going on til I used Freecorder!

Also, I'm getting alot of metal clicking and slight distortion when XM is playing and recording with Freecorder, any thoughts on fixes?

Thanks!
    Maine63, welcome to the forum

In regards to your question:

Try Replay Music 3 which works very well and, I highly recommend it!

With AV you are able to capture from XM using stream capture. You won't have the clicking noise then. Add the show by going to Record-Record XM and it will be set up for you. To capture Audio with Vista and with AV you do need to turn off your User account Control. You would then use the Record-Record Audio from Speakers to set it up.