Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Replay A/V release date

Default Re: New Replay A/V release date

Please note my +1 to the previous posters who are encouraging the release of RR9. I lost my RR8 when I got a new computer, and I've tried the big media suite offered and am now having to suffer through the use of the totally inferior dar.fm platform which results in me having to devote tremendous blocks of time per week downloading streams, and heaven forbid I let it go for a few weeks as programs become undownloadable after a couple weeks of time. RR8 and its predecessors were so much a part of my life for years as I recorded 8 hours of talk radio per day. Please, please, please get this new program released. I have been looking at "Please note that Replay AV is no longer available for purchase. An amazing new radio-oriented recording solution is coming soon - stay tuned!" for months now. If it's going to be much longer, please just let RR8 be made available again on a temporary basis until 9 comes along.

Presumably RR9 release is being held off until it's been thoroughly tested inhouse with Win8? All versions?
    Last edited by Lingohocken; 11-04-2012 at 04:02 PM.

We hope to have it ready for release prior to the holiday season. Thanks for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by thehobster View Post
    I'd love to see:
    • Basic Scheduling
    • SXM (encrypted) stream capture
    • Daylight Saving Time schedule changes working consistently

Anything more than that is a nice to have for me. I'd gladly pay $49 for those 3 things if they indeed worked.
    In a different thread Cheryl confirmed that we are not going to get SXM encrypted stream capture with Replay Radio - just audio capture. Using ReplayAV for SXM was my primary need even though I had to use a intermediary tool (XMTuner) to provide the streams. Now that the legacy streams have been discontinued I, like many others, are stuck without a way to time shift/archive most SXM content. I understand the technical difficulties and don't blame Applian for not being able to crack SXMs encryption - it just stinks.

I'm tired of waiting. Let's see how long this post gets left on here. Has anyone had any luck with any kind of competing products similar to RR? I'm on dar.fm, and it sucks. I'm willing to try a competitor at this point. I can't tell you how pleased I was with RR8. It was one of the few things in life that worked exactly as I wanted it to. I would purchase RR9 with no qualms as soon as it was available, but I'm so angry that I have been denied RR8 on my new computer despite the fact that I paid for it years ago that I'm willing to try whoever else is out there. I'd just like to hear what someone else in the same boat has tried before I dump a bunch of money which I don't have much of into something that doesn't work for what I want it for like I did the big Applain media suite (which y'all graciously refunded my money for, thank you). I'm sitting here pulling my hair out trying to get these dang 15 minute segments from dar.fm to load onto my mp3 player in order, and all it will do is transfer them onto it. Try scrolling through a couple hundred files on your mp3 player to find the next 15 minute segment. Ridiculous. RR8 worked great. Translated to my mp3 great. Arrgghhh!

Great news, Cheryl, thanks!

The version of AV you purchased should work on your system-depending on what version it is. It will not do audio capture, however, due to changes in flash-that is out of our hands-and one of the items we are working on with the new version. The developers are working hard but I don't have a release date as of yet.

I hope the new release to Replay A/V has an option to set each scheduled recording session that you have set up to its own folder.
    I use the scheduler for automatic recording and conversion frequently -- at present I have to record ALL programs to one folder and then copy the individual recordings to its proper folder that I have set up.

Reply to Jeff Linney: I think you meant to say its "successor." Its predecessor was RAV 7.

FWIW, I am still using RAV8 successfully, if only with Stream Capture. The Audio Record hasn't worked in years, but the Stream Capture--which yields a better-quality recording than Audio Record anyway--hasn't been affected by the Windows and Flash updates.

Still, am looking forward to Version 9, assuming it solves the Audio Record issue.