Thread: Olympics and RVC

Default Olympics and RVC

Well since I cannot use rmc4 I tried to use my rvc to record the olympics, there are 2 issues I am having:

(1) sometimes the video is chopy

(2) I tried to record 47 seconds, and the size of the file was 57mb, so does that means that 1 hr of recording is about 3.5 gb? and if so is there a way I can decrease its size from settings?

Default Re: Olympics and RVC

Hi Aduren

To get the best quality video with RV Capture - especially on slower machines - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Let me know if this makes a difference.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I too am falling back to RVC since NBCOlympics.com can't be recorded using RMC. Video recordings are awesome once you figure out the tricks. But I can't get a decent audio track. The help and the tips dont' give me the path to success. Suggestions? I am using an Asus gaming, high-powered laptop. It appears that RVC doesn't catch the audio track on the way to the speakers, but rather tries to record the sound coming out of the speakers, by using the built-in microphone on the laptop? I get LOTS of reverb/feedback squealing on my video recordings. Sure miss the RMC... Does anyone know of another stream for olympics coverage (especially archery? ) where RMC will work?

Quote Originally Posted by TexARC View Post
    I too am falling back to RVC since NBCOlympics.com can't be recorded using RMC. Video recordings are awesome once you figure out the tricks. But I can't get a decent audio track. The help and the tips dont' give me the path to success. Suggestions? I am using an Asus gaming, high-powered laptop. It appears that RVC doesn't catch the audio track on the way to the speakers, but rather tries to record the sound coming out of the speakers, by using the built-in microphone on the laptop? I get LOTS of reverb/feedback squealing on my video recordings. Sure miss the RMC... Does anyone know of another stream for olympics coverage (especially archery? ) where RMC will work?
    disable the microphone?

I'm trying to record the Channel 4 On Demand videos of the Paralympics and with those defined settings and a smaller or larger screen it's still really choppy video wise but the audio is fine.
    Any advice would be welcome.
    I did record these on my V+ box but now it's got corrupted and I'm going to lose them all!

Do what Jeff has suggested. Also, do a fresh boot of your computer prior to recording.

Did those things, didn't make a difference unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by opaque View Post
    Did those things, didn't make a difference unfortunately.
    With Replay Video Capture, right? What processor do you have in your PC, how much ram do you have currently installed and what OS are you running please?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I'm away from my pc till Monday but I'll get that info then, thanks