Thread: How do you you capture (record) the stream from NBC Olympics website?

Default How do you you capture (record) the stream from NBC Olympics website?

NBC Olympics has their "Live Extra" streaming of the 2012 Olympics.
    Every single event is streamed live, and then archived on demand to watch on their website. The website is: www.NBCOlympics.com.
    I can't stand that you can't watch it in full screen because of the constant advertising banner on top and the bars on the side of the video.
    It's impossible to watch in true full screen quality, even though they claim it's 720p and 1080p, etc.

I want to record the stream, but I can't seem to record the stream at all.
    I have tried Replay Media Catcher (which works with pretty much everything else when needed).
    I am not interested in doing a "screen capture" from my desktop.
    I want to capture, I mean catch and record the streaming link.
    Normally Replay Media Catcher can record anything from Youtube.

NBCOlympics.com is indeed using the Youtube platform for their streaming. However, it's not working like it usually does on Youtube.com. It won't detect the stream at all. You can watch 720p or even 1080p of these events on the NBC Olympics website. I want to be able to record some of it. Please help. Nothing is working. And again, I'm not interested in a desktop screen capture program. I can't stand those programs. I want to record the actual stream. Normally, Replay Media Catcher is supposed to work. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Default Re: How do you you capture (record) the stream from NBC Olympics website?

there are 2 threads already about it, i recommend following those as we are trying to find a solution to get the right streaming address for RMC.

Default Re: How do you you capture (record) the stream from NBC Olympics website?

Quote Originally Posted by aduren View Post
    there are 2 threads already about it, i recommend following those as we are trying to find a solution to get the right streaming address for RMC.
    Great idea!

Closing this thread

Check out https://forum.applian.com/showthread....com-LiveExtra for more info!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.