Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't donwload swf stream

Default Re: Can't donwload swf stream

Quote Originally Posted by TexARC View Post
    I have been using the Replay Video Capture(6) since the RMC won't work, but the audio really is bad. I've tried a variety of settings on my Asus gaming laptop. It looks like RMC doesn't capture the signal going to the speakers, it captures the noise coming out of the speakers? Really ?
    I dont have that problem, and I have an alien ware gaming system. Do you have high definition sounds (sorround)? I use regular speakers and it captures the sound perfectly, the issue i have is that sometimes it lags (nothing else running).

and BusterAvis,

the quality is the same, the color vivacity may not be the same (slightly darker) but it is perfect.

I am not sure if you can just leave it running and do some other stuff but I don't see why not.

The main thing i have is that so far it record a second per mb, so that makes the Judo olympics (4 hrs each) a 12 GB + of recording.

Anyways, i think its worth a shot. The great thing is that you can pause so Ill be recording only the matches I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by aduren View Post
    there is no work around unless you can decrypt the stream, you can try the proxy but since you want to stream HD you cannot use a free proxy service (cannot handle load) and thus have to pay for a proxy service.

If you do want to go that way just buy a proxy, select the country you want to look like (Canada for example) and they'll send you the settings, then plug into firefox and go to the canada Olympic website and download through silverlight.

or

use replay video capture (i tested it and it works). you'll record the screen and the audio. A little heavy in resources and memory but it is fine.
    Hello,

I found this site because I wanted to find out how I could download the olympic streams. So far, what you say here is the closest I've gotten to finding a solution. Anyway, can you confirm that RMC can indeed record the olympic streams from the CTV site? Because the link that was given (https://forum.applian.com/showthread...ht=silverlight) says that certain steams will still not be able to be downloaded. I wouldn't want to waste money if I can't even download the streams...

Secondly, I'm assuming it's a stream capture and not a screen capture? Thus, the quality should be the same high quality as the original video, right?

Third, does anybody know if you can access all the replay videos? I went to the CTV website and couldn't find all the videos I was looking for (I can see the video titles, just can't see the streams). I'm mostly looking for gymnastics (the six apparatuses streams for the Men's Team Final and for the Individual all-around, etc.), diving, and maybe some other sports. However, there seems to be only one stream for the Men's Team Final instead of the six streams (one stream for each apparatus) that I can find on my country's olympics streaming website. I wouldn't want to pay for a VPN just to find out the website doesn't have all the streams I want...

I am SO desperate, I am willing to pay. I just need to make sure that the quality will be the stream quality and not screen capture quality and that all the streams I'm looking for are indeed accessible on CTV. Thanks for any info!

Hey guys,

See if this helps.
    I haven't tried it yet.
    But the guys at the end of this pasted thread below seem to claim it has worked.
    See their posts at the bottom of page 1, and on page 2.
    Please let us all know if this works.
    Thanks.

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/cap...om-t13287.html

Yes, I came across that website. I've tried it. I don't live in the US, so I had to take out a VPN to try it. Unfortunately, I was only able to capture 1GB until the link to the video became invalid (so it stopped capturing). I couldn't record in 1080p. Everytime I tried to change the quality, the video would go back to 720p. I don't know if it's because my connection is too slow or if the video isn't available in 1080p.

Anyway, it should work if you can get it to download completely. Would anyone know if I can split the download into several files, if there's a way to resume a broken download, or if someone who has a VPN could try it with some european sites and tell us how we could download it (France for me on francetv.fr/sport) since the european sites don't use Youtube?

I'll try again.
    Last edited by JustPassing; 08-05-2012 at 02:19 AM.

I too have had mixed success with this. It does seem to change the authentication string after some time, and on a slow link like mine I'll never get the complete downlaod before it switches :-(

If only the Applian developers could look at this process - i.e., find the correct entitlement URL and cookie, then use that in the same way ffmpeg is using it - their program could pull the streams, & might be able to catch the entitlement-change so that the stream could continue to be pulled when the timer runs out ...

I created an account on that website and posted a reply, but it said it had to be approved by moderators and it's been two days already... I don't know why they wouldn't have approved my message.

Anyway, my computer skills are pretty limited. I understand the command prompt and stuff but the rest is a bit incomprehensible for me. Does anyone know if I can start the capture where it left off, in a new file that I will just need to join together? I always stop at around 1 ou 2 Gigs. In the documentation for ffmpeg, I see things about time stamps and about position (http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Main-options) but I'm not quite sure if that's what I need to do or if it'll work.

Does anybody a little more informed know how we can start capturing where we left off (we can specify when we left off)? Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Hi JustPassing,

Can you help me with the command prompt?
    I'm actually really good when working with stuff on the fly once I have a starting point.
    I have ripped and captured lots of video off the web in the past and present with many different programs with ease, including creative additional alternatives that I have read and discovered in the past.
    However, FFMpeg and Command Prompts are just not my thing.
    If I can get FFMpeg to run and then experiment with it, I might be able to discover some creative stuff.
    More heads are always better in trying to unlock this mystery.

If you could, can you please help me with the command prompt, if you are okay with that.
    I have FFMpeg downloaded and saved in "My Documents" folder. I just don't know how to run it from there.
    When I go to the bin folder to run the program, it flickers and won't load up.
    That's where I read others were having that issue and you have to run FFMpeg using command prompt.
    I know how to get to the Command prompt of course. I just don't know what to type in to get FFMpeg to run.
    I'm quite familiar with FireFox, and web developer (web console), although not an expert with command prompt at all.
    I can experiment with it, if I can just get FFMpeg to load up.
    Can you help please with that part of it?
    Who knows, we may be able to unlock this together, while both are digging into the diagnostics of this process.

Thank you very much.

BusterAvis,

I've been having success using FFMpeg to record these videos (a huge thanks for everyone that helped with that), so I'll try to help you out with some brief instructions.

When you open your command prompt you will need to change the directory to the location where ffmpeg.exe is located. It should default to your windows profile, C:\Users\BusterAvis\, assuming you have Windows 7.

To go up a level type in "cd .." which would take you to C:\users\
    To go down a level type "cd folder" which would take you to C:\users\BusterAvis\folder

Assuming that ffmpeg.exe is located in C:\users\BusterAvis\My Documents\ffmpeg\bin\ you can type the following "cd my documents\ffmpeg\bin" while you are in C:\users\BusterAvis\

You can then type "ffmpeg.exe -i URL -c copy out.ts" where URL is the .m3u8 address you got out of Firefox and out.ts is the name of the video that you are saving to \bin. Right click to paste the address to the blinking cursor location, since Ctrl+V will not work in the command prompt.

I hope this helps and thanks again for everyone that figured this out.

ChimpMitten

Quote Originally Posted by ChimpMitten View Post
    BusterAvis,

I've been having success using FFMpeg to record these videos (a huge thanks for everyone that helped with that), so I'll try to help you out with some brief instructions.

When you open your command prompt you will need to change the directory to the location where ffmpeg.exe is located. It should default to your windows profile, C:\Users\BusterAvis\, assuming you have Windows 7.

To go down a level type "cd folder" which would take you to C:\users\BusterAvis\folder

Assuming that ffmpeg.exe is located in C:\users\BusterAvis\My Documents\ffmpeg\bin\ you can type the following "cd my documents\ffmpeg\bin" while you are in C:\users\BusterAvis\

You can then type "ffmpeg.exe -i URL -c copy out.ts" where URL is the .m3u8 address you got out of Firefox and out.ts is the name of the video that you are saving to \bin. Right click to paste the address to the blinking cursor location, since Ctrl+V will not work in the command prompt.

ChimpMitten
    Do you have to do anything special to get the m3u8 URLs to display in the web console? I am not seeing any URLs with that extension.

Quote Originally Posted by ChimpMitten View Post
    BusterAvis,

ChimpMitten
    Do you have to do anything special to get the m3u8 URLs to display in the web console? I am not seeing any URLs with that extension.