Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't donwload swf stream

Default Re: Can't donwload swf stream

Hi Guys

About 5 of us sat down and took a look at this issue - unfortunately, even though they are youtube videos - they DO appear to be rtmpe encrypted

Based on this, the best program to use is Replay Video Capture.

If you have not yet checked it out, please do so here: http://applian.com/replay-video-capture/

Thanks for your understanding - sorry please understand there is nothing we're able to legally do about this - screen recording will be your only option at least for this year
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thanks.
    Alright, time for back up plan.
    Canada (CTV Olympics website) is streaming and archiving all their Olympics broadcasts, much like NBC is doing in America.
    If you live in the USA (like me), you have to login with a proxy (VPN) to bypass their blocking.
    I was able to successfully do that, using VPN overplay.
    Their events are archived as "Silverlight". I did not test their live videos. I'm more interested in capturing the on-demand replays of the events.
    Question is, how do you capture Silverlight? Replay Media Catcher failed, and came up with an error. Says it's an MKV file.

Since it's Silverlight instead, there's got to be a way to capture it, correct?
    Please help. Thanks.

*LINK* (Canada CTV Olympics site)
    http://www.ctvolympics.ca/

I think you are in the right path, and thank you for the link.

Last time they used silver light and it worked, is your rmc updated? Maybe theirs is encrypted too but I doubt it.

I will set a proxy and take a look later!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Thanks for your understanding - sorry please understand there is nothing we're able to legally do about this - screen recording will be your only option at least for this year
    This is sad because I cannot use a capture program since my Internet link speed is not fast enough to play HD video real-time. When a file downloads, I can let it download fully and play it real-time, but this site does not do that - it comes in separate files of <5MB each, named "nnn[n]", as in:

Volume in drive C is unlabeled Serial number is 88C7:889C
    Directory of .\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tempor~1\low\con tent.ie5\841J43GS\290[1]

7/29/2012 6:56 4,068,512 290[1]
    4,068,512 bytes in 1 file and 0 dirs 4,071,424 bytes allocated
    64,365,019,136 bytes free

Volume in drive C is unlabeled Serial number is 88C7:889C
    Directory of .\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Tempor~1\low\con tent.ie5\WYDRVCQG\292[1]

7/29/2012 6:56 3,914,928 292[1]
    3,914,928 bytes in 1 file and 0 dirs 3,915,776 bytes allocated
    64,365,019,136 bytes free

If you could make your program able to get these video files, including facilitating full downloading of the chunks (which stop downloading if paused), I'd bet you would drive a lot of sales this week... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BusterAvis View Post
    Thanks.
    Alright, time for back up plan.
    Canada (CTV Olympics website) is streaming and archiving all their Olympics broadcasts, much like NBC is doing in America.
    If you live in the USA (like me), you have to login with a proxy (VPN) to bypass their blocking.
    I was able to successfully do that, using VPN overplay.
    Their events are archived as "Silverlight". I did not test their live videos. I'm more interested in capturing the on-demand replays of the events.
    Question is, how do you capture Silverlight? Replay Media Catcher failed, and came up with an error. Says it's an MKV file.

Since it's Silverlight instead, there's got to be a way to capture it, correct?
    Please help. Thanks.

*LINK* (Canada CTV Olympics site)
    http://www.ctvolympics.ca/

I believe you can set Real Media Capture to use this configurations to download Silverlight video:

https://forum.applian.com/showthread...ht=silverlight

I'm dying for a solution to this so I can record FULL HD videos from the NBC/Comcast site before they are pulled. Any updates? I'll buy as soon as I know it works.

there is no work around unless you can decrypt the stream, you can try the proxy but since you want to stream HD you cannot use a free proxy service (cannot handle load) and thus have to pay for a proxy service.

If you do want to go that way just buy a proxy, select the country you want to look like (Canada for example) and they'll send you the settings, then plug into firefox and go to the canada Olympic website and download through silverlight.

or

use replay video capture (i tested it and it works). you'll record the screen and the audio. A little heavy in resources and memory but it is fine.

I have been using the Replay Video Capture(6) since the RMC won't work, but the audio really is bad. I've tried a variety of settings on my Asus gaming laptop. It looks like RMC doesn't capture the signal going to the speakers, it captures the noise coming out of the speakers? Really ?

Does Replay Video Capture (RVC) capture it in the exact same quality?
    For instance, you can view the stuff on-demand (NBC website) in glorious high definition.
    Will Replay Media Capture (RVC) record in the same level of high definition video quality?

Also, when using RVC, does the video (animation or movement in the video) lag, stagger, or delay, during recording and playback from the desktop screen?
    And can you work on your computer (or surf the web in another window on your desktop screen) at the same time while recording is taking place with RVC?

Thank you.
    Last edited by BusterAvis; 08-02-2012 at 10:07 AM.