Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can't donwload swf stream

Cool Re: Can't donwload swf stream

Quote Originally Posted by ChimpMitten View Post
    BusterAvis,

I've been having success using FFMpeg to record these videos (a huge thanks for everyone that helped with that), so I'll try to help you out with some brief instructions.

When you open your command prompt you will need to change the directory to the location where ffmpeg.exe is located. It should default to your windows profile, C:\Users\BusterAvis\, assuming you have Windows 7.

To go up a level type in "cd .." which would take you to C:\users\
    To go down a level type "cd folder" which would take you to C:\users\BusterAvis\folder

Assuming that ffmpeg.exe is located in C:\users\BusterAvis\My Documents\ffmpeg\bin\ you can type the following "cd my documents\ffmpeg\bin" while you are in C:\users\BusterAvis\

You can then type "ffmpeg.exe -i URL -c copy out.ts" where URL is the .m3u8 address you got out of Firefox and out.ts is the name of the video that you are saving to \bin. Right click to paste the address to the blinking cursor location, since Ctrl+V will not work in the command prompt.

I hope this helps and thanks again for everyone that figured this out.

ChimpMitten

Thank you so very much ChimpMitten.
    So far it's working.
    It's already downloaded 15,000 MB in the first minute or two.
    I do a question though. It's downloading the 360p version. How do I get the 1080p version (I mean, the 1080p file from firefox, the higher quality .m3u8 file, if it's a .m3u8 file extension for the full HD 1080p version) ???
    Thanks again.

Also, is there a way to download two at the same time?
    2nd command prompt (another command prompt window open at the same time?)
    I wanted to ask, before attempting to do two at the same time, as I don't want one to interfere with the other, if it's going to time one or both of them out on me before the download(s) are complete to the bin folder.
    So far, this is beautiful.
    Thanks again.

Default Re: Can't donwload swf stream

Okay, I'm downloading two at the same time, by having two command prompt windows open at the same time. They're both downloading in the command prompt windows, and simultaneously downloading to my bin folder.
    This is freaking cooooool (and freaking sweeeeeet).
    Thanks again.
    I'm willing to help someone else.
    Just e-mail me at ... [email protected]
    just remind me in this forum that you sent me an e-mail, because that's my secondary personal e-mail, not my primary one.
    thanks again.

Okay, I'm downloading two at the same time, by having two command prompt windows open at the same time. They're both downloading in the command prompt windows, and simultaneously downloading to my bin folder.
    This is freaking cooooool (and freaking sweeeeeet).
    Thanks again.
    I'm willing to help someone else.
    Just e-mail me at ... [email protected]
    just remind me in this forum that you sent me an e-mail, because that's my secondary personal e-mail, not my primary one.
    thanks again.

Or, instead of e-mailing me, we can keep the conversation going in this thread as well.
    whichever one you and anyone prefers.
    and thanks again to ChimpMitten, as you totally rock.
    thanks again to everyone else that helped crack this and pass this information along.

Or, instead of e-mailing me, we can keep the conversation going in this thread as well.
    thanks again to everyone else that helped crack this and pass this information along.

Quote Originally Posted by BusterAvis View Post
    I don't see any URLs with m3u8 extensions in the web console. Are there other URLs I can use?

Quote Originally Posted by BusterAvis View Post
    I don't see any URLs with m3u8 extensions in the web console. Are there other URLs I can use?

It's Feb 2014, Socchi Olympics are on nbcolympics.com, but Media Catcher still cannot record them. Nothing has changed. Just a note for posterities sake. And maybe if you're reading this you found a better way???

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    It's Feb 2014, Socchi Olympics are on nbcolympics.com, but Media Catcher still cannot record them. Nothing has changed. Just a note for posterities sake. And maybe if you're reading this you found a better way???
    NBColympics have been heavily encrypted for years now - If you're looking to record some of these events and save them forever, the best program to use is Replay Video Capture.

If you have not yet checked it out, please do so here: http://applian.com/replay-video-capture/
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.