Thread: Recording is thousands of tiny pieces...

Default Recording is thousands of tiny pieces...

Hi, I'm trying to use the latest version of Freecorder to record streaming audio from a certain site. The audios are several hours long, which is maybe longer than the program's intended use? It records the streams but it breaks the files up into thousands of tiny parts. The last audio I tried to record was about 10 hours long and what I got using Freecorder was a recording broken up into over 5,000 very small parts. I'm not sure what if anything can be done about it, since it might be that Freecorder simply can't record any other way from this particular site, but I thought I'd post here in the off-chance there's some Freecorder setting I've overlooked that will force it to record the audio as one large file...?

TIA!

EDIT: I guess I should add that a lot of those pieces were duplicates and the files were all out of order, so even if I wanted it would be impossible to simply join them all together.
    Last edited by imno007; 07-28-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Default Re: Recording is thousands of tiny pieces...

Okay, sorry, I did a search before posting but didn't get any results, but now that I've posted I can see the related posts listed below, so I'll look into those. I had already tried Replay before, though, and for some reason the audio would keep pausing (stuttering) when trying to record with it - and no, it wasn't just a bandwidth issue, because the audio played fine without it.

Default Re: Recording is thousands of tiny pieces...

Sorry that you are having troubles with Freecorder. Freecorder will split recordings into segments if there is a pause in the stream. Please try our Replay Media Catcher, you will have more options on recording. Here is a link to try it out:

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.