Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oh, where oh, where has my freecorder toolbar gone?

Default oh, where oh, where has my freecorder toolbar gone?

For the past 2 days (after a format) I CANNOT get the toolbar to install into Firefox. It worked fine in FF13 before the format, but now, no matter what I've done gets 'er back again.

I've done everything that's been suggested in Google searches and other posts in this forum to no avail. Shows up and works in IE8 (but I hate using IE). I even reverted back to FF 12 and tried--again, no go.

Made sure that Win Defender and Free Avast was turned off when installing--still no go. At one time I could get the FC Audio to open in the Programs List, but that doesn't even show up now (after MANY uninstalls, re-installs, reboots, etc.). I'm using Win XP Home on an HP desktop. All MS updates are in place and I've run Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, SuperAntiSpyware, etc. with clean bills of health (after format, just to be sure).

I read somewhere in this forum that Lenny said to give them a week or so, and FC 6 should fix the problem, but I had it working great with FF 13 and FC 5. What gives?

Could one of you gurus out there give me hand with this please? I'd love to have my toolbar back in any version of Firefox.

Thanks so much for any help. If I've left out any info, just let me know.

Default Re: oh, where oh, where has my freecorder toolbar gone?

Heya

Try updating flash from http://flash.com :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Sorry Jeff that I called u Lenny in my first post, but already have the latest Flash installed after the format. Tried reinstall again this a.m., but still no toolbar. I did manage to get the app back into the Programs List and all components work from there, but STILL no toolbar in FF. This is starting to irritate me cause I had it working before the format. Any other ideas?

Forgot to mention Jeff, the way I managed to get the app into the Programs List this a.m. was installing it in Safe Mode w/Networking thru IE8, ran the download rather than saving it and then installing.

FC Audio component missing from Programs List now. What the h*** is going on with this thing?

Had this question posted for quite some time and only one suggestion. Now I don't feel so dumb. lol

C'mon Applian Technologies please--can't believe that I'm the only one with this problem and NO ONE has a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by emptypockets View Post
    C'mon Applian Technologies please--can't believe that I'm the only one with this problem and NO ONE has a fix?
    You're not the only person, actually - howver updating FIREFOX and updating FLASH has fixed it for MOST people. If that is not working still, If you're having issues with the freecorder toolbar, please try the following for me:

Please uninstall, reboot and reinstall Freecorder from the link below:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/download.php (NON US Customers)
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder5/ (USA Based customers)

Also, here is a link to properly uninstall Freecorder:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/s....php#uninstall

If that doesn't work In Firefox, click TOOLS/ADD-ONS at the top of the menu bar. You will see this program listed. Be sure and do not click "DISABLE". You should click "REMOVE".

When RE-installing, Please make sure that you have administrative rights and that you disable any anti virus software you are running while installing Freecorder. (This is very important)

Lastly, please make sure that Freecorder toolbar is enabled in your Firefox browser.

Let me know if this helps! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Thanks for the reply Jeff. This post is rather long, but I wanted you to have all the steps I took as per your instructions.

1. Updated Firefox (FF) from 13 to 14.0.1--rebooted.

2. Flash was already up to date, but went ahead and updated again
    Adobe Flash Player ActiveX=11.2.202.235
    Adobe Flash Player Plugin=11.3.300.265
    Rebooted

3. In IE8, downloaded FCTBSetup.exe 5.7.0.0 as per your provided link, and saved to desktop. On Applian's webpage that you provided, I noticed that the size was 8.1MB, and during download it was 6.77MB. Don't know if that makes a diff. or not, but that's the way it was.

4. Turned off Avast AV Free and Windows Defender (don't have Windows Live Essentials or anything like that).

5. Installed FCTBSetup. Didn't install FC Web Search, FC Web Search homepage, or Complity Auto-Complete Wizard (didn't want those). The installer installed Video Download Service, FF, and IE components OK. FF then opened to the Add Ons box where I installed the FC YouTube Download Wizard (which I won't use). FF then opened a blank page which I closed and the message "Please note: You will need the Free Applian FLV Player to watch your downloaded videos" appeared. Cancelled. No toolbar yet. Before closing the FF browser page, I saw that the address was: applian.com/freecorder4/welcome51.php?player=0. Notice that it said freecorder4. Rebooted.

6. Got back into Windows XP and FC toolbar is in IE8, but when I click on the FC Record Audio tool, a Data Execution Prevention box appears indicating it has closed Windows Explorer. Clicked the "Close Message" button, then a box from MS wants me to report the error (which I don't because it's useless). Immediately, the FC recording window minimizes to the taskbar. It'll then work as of old, (record, rename file, etc.). All other FC tools work OK.

7. Open FF. STILL NO TOOLBAR, and my default search provider has changed to Babylon (which I EXCLUDED during FCTBSetup!!). Ck'd. Tools>Add Ons and all I have are FC YouTube Download Wizard 1.2.12 and New Tab Homepage 0.4.3 (which I want). Ck'd. View>Toolbars and no reference to FC there.

8. Ck'd. Task Manager and FLVSrvc.exe is running and also shows in CCleaner>Tools>Startup. Also ck'd. FC folder in Programs List and all that shows there is FC Converter, Settings, Video History, and Uninstall. Ck'd. services.msc and see nothing there that would hinder install. Also went to Control Panel>Security Center>Windows Firewall>Exceptions and allowed FC Audio.exe, Audio Recorder, Converter, Settings, and Toolbar Helper.exe just for grins and giggles. No change whatsoever.

I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Spybot S&D, Spyware Blaster, and SUPERAntiSpyware installed. (SAS service is not running).

I always enjoy tinkering with cantankerous pc problems, but the fun went out of this about 3 days ago. Frustrated and irritated to put it mildly. I just can't get a grip on why, after a format 4 days ago, that this isn't working by now. In the past, it was just run the FCTBSetup, and, BAM!, I was up and going with it. All smiles then, but not now.

I'm sorry this post is so long, but I wanted you to have all the info that I can think of so that maybe SOMEONE can get me going again.

Thanks

Hi Empty Pockets

Good news actually, we're releasing freecorder 6 TOMORROW (within 24 hours) which is a TOTALLY new platform. I'm testing it today on IE, Firefox and Chrome and it's working quite well on all 3 :-)

Stay tuned
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support