For the past 2 days (after a format) I CANNOT get the toolbar to install into Firefox. It worked fine in FF13 before the format, but now, no matter what I've done gets 'er back again.

I've done everything that's been suggested in Google searches and other posts in this forum to no avail. Shows up and works in IE8 (but I hate using IE). I even reverted back to FF 12 and tried--again, no go.

Made sure that Win Defender and Free Avast was turned off when installing--still no go. At one time I could get the FC Audio to open in the Programs List, but that doesn't even show up now (after MANY uninstalls, re-installs, reboots, etc.). I'm using Win XP Home on an HP desktop. All MS updates are in place and I've run Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, SuperAntiSpyware, etc. with clean bills of health (after format, just to be sure).

I read somewhere in this forum that Lenny said to give them a week or so, and FC 6 should fix the problem, but I had it working great with FF 13 and FC 5. What gives?

Could one of you gurus out there give me hand with this please? I'd love to have my toolbar back in any version of Firefox.

Thanks so much for any help. If I've left out any info, just let me know.