Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replay Music Not Recording - FOUND WORK-AROUND

Thumbs up Replay Music Not Recording - FOUND WORK-AROUND

Recently my Replay Music 5.05 stopped detecting audio from the driver (settings in replay were set to "Audio Driver"). I have a Win 7 64 bit system and tried everything known to man to get it to work to no avail. After speaking with tech support (Cheryl) and trying her suggestions with no success, I found a work-around solution.

All the latest Win updates on my PC were uninstalled (the ones I downloaded from 6/21). Honestly, I don't think they were the problem at all, but I uninstalled them just in case. I tried this before contacting support and still had issues after uninstalling them. The problem is Adobe Flash. I went to the archived website at http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...35_archive.zip and downloaded the 11.2.202.235 version of flash. I uninstalled the current version (11.3.300.262) that was just updated the other day and installed the older version i downloaded.

With the 11.2.202.235 version installed, the "Windows Audio Driver" in the Replay settings doesn't work (changing this setting was part of the troubleshooting suggestion by Tech support). Fortunately, the Audio Driver setting does work which is what I was using originally. After downgrading flash to the previous version, Replay is working fine.

Hopefully the disconnect in Replay and Flash will be fixed soon.
    Last edited by tekkitty2; 07-06-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Default Re: Replay Music Not Recording - FOUND WORK-AROUND

Also, use Firefox with this. I'm testing it now and it is working great.

I happened think about this... when you update your Adobe Flash version, it gives you the option to update automatically, notify you of updates, etc. Best if you DON'T select to update automatically or you will undo the fix.

Thumbs up Re: Replay Music Not Recording - FOUND WORK-AROUND

Perfect solution as it works for me also.
    First I had the problem nothing would be recorded from the internet. I did a complete new install (Windows and Replay Music) and it seemed to be working partly as it would only record several old songs.
    After replacing Adobe Flash Player with the suggested version Replay Music 4 works fine again!!!!!

In my opinion this is not a work around but tracking down the programm interupting with Replay Music.

Thanks for the hard work. It is highly appreciated by me!!!!!!

I have tried uninstalling Flash and Replay still isn't working. I tried installing the older version of Flash and Replay still isn't working. I am about out of ideas.

Contact tech support if you continue to have a problem.

Thank you very much, I have had the same problem for the last 4 days. I have tried everything and was at the point of giving up and trying to find another program to use to record. My Flash updated around the same time, I would of never of thought that was the cause. I uninstalled it and re-installed with the link posted, I am back in business again. I hope this gets fixed, I can't imagine having a older version of flash is going to be kosher in a year or so.

FYI, They have updated Flash to .265 allegedly to resolve the sound problems, however the audio driver still doesn't work with firefox or chrome. Windows audio driver still works.

Quote Originally Posted by russws View Post
    FYI, They have updated Flash to .265 allegedly to resolve the sound problems, however the audio driver still doesn't work with firefox or chrome. Windows audio driver still works.
    Thanks for the valuable info in this thread.
    However, the problem I notice with using the Windows audio driver is it records all pc sounds. (For example, new email notification dings, game sounds etc.) I don't recall this happening before.
    Hopefully, Applian can figure out what's happening and get a resolution either on their side or with Adobe Flash TS.

You are able to turn off windows sounds when recording.