Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Conflicts between RVC and XP Media Center OS

Default Re: Conflicts between RVC and XP Media Center OS

There are some issues that are harder to fix than others. This is one of them. It does have to do with the file that is always running in the background. Believe me when there is a fix, or if there is a fix, it will be updated. We would love to have this working for all.

I spent most of the day trying to "VET" Applian so as to avoid what I have "stepped in" as a result of purchasing and installing Applian Replay Suite!
    My C: drive was running at full speed since mid-afternoon until I completed the uninstall. Things are quiet now.

As far as whether my Media Center works. That comes next. I have not been using it recently so I will give it a shot and report back in a few days. I will probably do a System Restore before doing anything else based on previous posts about having lost Media Center as a result of installing Applian Replay Suite.

Next is an email to Customer Service to request the refund.

I guess one experience like this in 29 years of personal comuting is not too bad. I will check the Forum every now and again to see if and when a solution is found by "the Applian Programmer".

Regards to all,
    MeTooMediaCenter

We know about this issue but it is not an easy one. There are some systems that it works with while others it does not. The only program in the suite that causes this conflict is Video Capture. Due to the great price of the entire suite many people do purchase the suite and just don't use that program. Also, if you are not using the Media Center features of your computer (all Vista machines have Media Center) then there is not a conflict either.

Is there any update on a fix? I recently upgraded to the entire suite, but like some of the other posters, I had to uninstall Video Capture because Windows Media Center stopped working. Uninstalling Video Capture did fix the problem, but I would like to use Video Capture as well (especially since I paid for it).

The problem you're reporting is due to a conflict between one of our programs (mcm2ve.ax) and the Media Center. This happens on Media Center XP computers with TV Tuner cards. mcm2ve.ax is an MPEG-2 encoder codec. It is used by other programs with the same problem (run a Google search on mcm2ve.ax or "disable ehrecv" to see some solutions).

Please do the following. Click Start then click Run. Copy/Paste the text below
    For WM Capture:
    regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files\WMCap\Bin\mcm2ve.ax"
    For Replay Video Capture
    "C:\Program Files\Replay Video Capture\Bin\mcm2ve.ax"

Click OK. This uninstalls the program mcm2ve.ax. To re-install use
    WM Capture
    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\WMCap\Bin\mcm2ve.ax"
    Replay Video Capture
    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Replay Video Capture\Bin\mcm2ve.ax"

See if the problem persists. If not, open WM Capture / Settings and select Windows Media under Video Format instead of MPEG-2.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.