Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conflicts between RVC and XP Media Center OS

I don't know when/if we will have a solution. The developer is working on this but as of now there is not a solution.

Any updates on this?
    Thanks, Larry

Hi Replay, the "mcm2ve.ax" file located in
    "C:\Program Files\Replay Video Capture\Bin" seems to be whats causes the Problem. How to fix it I don't know.

glgl

We are still aware of the issue and the developer has not been able to determine a way around this. Thanks.

Unhappy CAn we get our money back?

Can we get a refund? I use Media Center and can't use the video capture software as many have indicated. If there has been a solution please let me know? At this time the program is useless to me.
    Thanks for your help.

If you have owned the program for less than 30 days please contact customer service and they will issue you a refund if the program is not working with your system.

I just discovered today that that was the problem with my computer and my Media Center. I haven't used it for a long time becasue nothing was working. There was nothing in the information when I bought it that told that it did not work with Media Center. I purchased it April 28th. You have had the use of my money but I have not had the use of your program. Is is possible to get a refund? I would rather the program worked but it appears there is no way around this problem at this time. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by TomHF View Post
    I downloaded and installed RVC yesterday and after testing it, I paid for the full license. It worked flawlessly and I was very pleased. As usual, I shut the computer down before retiring last night.

This morning, after rebooting the computer, I began getting a repeating error message saying "Media Center Receiver Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." If I click the "send" or "do not send" button, the message comes back a few seconds later.

I then uninstalled the RVC program and the problem went away. To be sure that the program was causing the problem, I reinstalled it a second (and a third) time. The problem does not show up after the initial installation, but starts after the program is installed and then the computer is rebooted.

My system is a Dell Dimension 8400 with the 2005 XP Media Center OS. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a resolution.

TomHF

Some additional information - this conflict seems to have something to do with a file called "ehrecvr.exe". Ideas anyone???
    Yes! Many have had this problem it appears, but we were not notified about this conflict before we purchased the software. There is no fix for this and I agree they should refund our money!

Unhappy Conflict with Media Center

Yes I had to wipe my computer clean and start over with a "new hard drive" What a pain!!! Spent hours and hours with Dell tech support. The program ruined my computer as well!!

The program works with most machines and many that are Media Center systems. That is one of the reasons we have a demo so you are able to try it out prior to purchasing. Also, we do have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Regarding a crash-I have never had that reported to me at all. If a person does have an issue then an uninstall should take care of it. Thanks.

If you have owned the program for 30 days or less send in a request for a refund and it will be issued. Thanks.