Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conflicts between RVC and XP Media Center OS

Same problem here, RVC with Vista Ultimate , MCE quit working, as well as downloading of programming TV guide updates. After hours of trying to solve the problem of the error message stating "no TV Tuner card found or installed", I removed RVC and everything from Applian. The programming guide updates now, and the MCE works fine.
    I would like to install everything again, but....
    Is there a reliable solution to the problem?
    Thanks, Larry

Default Removing Applian did not restore MCE

I'm glad it worked for you ... removing RVC didn't help me, unfortunately. I tried that. The program guide still won't update, and the Media Center is pretty much useless. I deleted the guide files, uninstalled and reinstalled the tuner. Nothing is working. There's a setting somewhere that wasn't restored during the uninstall, and I can't quite identify it.

It seems to be a common problem, I would hope there's a fix out there somewhere. I sent a request to Applian Tech support last week, but I still haven't heard back. That's very disappointing, because they've always responded quickly in the past.

cdburdick,
    I had a hard time even getting rid of the desktop shortcut for RVC.
    I have been using a registry cleaner for years now, and it might be old, but it works well.
    http://www.registry-repair-software.com/
    I use it when uninstalling programs and for routine maintenance. It got rid of the desktop RVC icon, and the other problems.
    Give it a try. I use the defaults, but set the scans for all users, and you have to run the scans several times to find all the problems.
    The explanation for this is that cleaning some registry errors will require that more need to be fixed. When it is down to 1 or 2, it usually signals no
    further action required. Hope this helps.
    Larry
    Last edited by metalfixer; 11-24-2008 at 04:26 AM.

We pride ourselves on answering our tech support tickets within 24 hours or less. If you have not heard back please send us another note and give us the ticket number to the one we didn't respond to. We would like to track that down. Thanks.

We are aware of some conflicts with Replay Video Capture and Media Center computers. Our developer is working on this issue but at this time I don't know of a solution.

Same problem here.

I pulled my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong with my Media Center. Spent several days trying to narrow down the cause (thought I did something to my Media Center PC). I then went back and uninstalled all the Applian products until the problem was gone. Low and behold, it was Media Catcher.

In the interim, I think I will install Media Catcher on my other PC and just wait for a solution.

Thanks!

has there been an update as too a fix to this problem just bought this program yesterday and having the same problem with this pop up message

At the present time we don't have a fix for Replay Video Capture and the Media Center systems. Our developer is aware of this issue and when/if he has a fix we'll post it.

Angry MCE 2005

Hi Thanks for leaving the messages. I saw them while testing RVC demo version. I immediately un-installed it from my MCE 2005 System prior to ever re-booting and I did not get the reported problems. Live TV and the EPG still work fine even after a reboot. For those that still have problems recovering there initial MCE systems. Try the MCE / EH rebuild utility that can be found on Microsoft's support site for MCE. This should re-load all the eh processes (MCE) and reset the registry settings.

Gook Luck! Wish I saw a warning about MCE systems on the system requirements page.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We pride ourselves on answering our tech support tickets within 24 hours or less. If you have not heard back please send us another note and give us the ticket number to the one we didn't respond to. We would like to track that down. Thanks.

We are aware of some conflicts with Replay Video Capture and Media Center computers. Our developer is working on this issue but at this time I don't know of a solution.
    Any estimate as to when we might have a resolution?

Angry Still broken?

Well, the first post on this issue with RVC was back in Oct. of 2008. I received an upgrade (paid of course) to my Replay Suite and installed RVC on my Vista Ultimate machine. Media Center now shows the errors. Constantly. It is a real pain in the rump.
    I'm also filing a tech support ticket but am sure I will get the same answer as everyone else has here.
    It's been 6 months and no solution... this is very bad PR Applian as I have no choice but to uninstall and also ask for a refund if no fix is evident from your "developer".