Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conflicts between RVC and XP Media Center OS

Default Conflicts between RVC and XP Media Center OS

I downloaded and installed RVC yesterday and after testing it, I paid for the full license. It worked flawlessly and I was very pleased. As usual, I shut the computer down before retiring last night.

This morning, after rebooting the computer, I began getting a repeating error message saying "Media Center Receiver Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." If I click the "send" or "do not send" button, the message comes back a few seconds later.

I then uninstalled the RVC program and the problem went away. To be sure that the program was causing the problem, I reinstalled it a second (and a third) time. The problem does not show up after the initial installation, but starts after the program is installed and then the computer is rebooted.

My system is a Dell Dimension 8400 with the 2005 XP Media Center OS. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a resolution.

TomHF

Some additional information - this conflict seems to have something to do with a file called "ehrecvr.exe". Ideas anyone???
    Last edited by TomHF; 10-24-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Added info

This could help...

Tools | Settings | Advanced | Add Ap

Oops, as TomHF correctly points out, I had Media Catcher in mind.
    Last edited by flvrecor3r; 10-24-2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: correction

This is the Replay Video Capture program that I'm having problems with - there is nothing that even resembles - Tools | Settings | Advanced | Add Ap - in the program.

You must be referring to another Applian program - but thanks for the try anyway.

Tom

Unhappy Having same problem

Tom, I've done exactly as you have and getting the same annoying problem. Finally uninstalled it so I can get on with my life and avoid the constant interruptions. Applian tech needs to get back to us on this.

Hi

The developer is looking into this. Thanks for your patience. We will keep you informed as to what can be done regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by ixoxo5 View Post
    Tom, I've done exactly as you have and getting the same annoying problem. Finally uninstalled it so I can get on with my life and avoid the constant interruptions. Applian tech needs to get back to us on this.
    ixoxo5,
    Well it's good to know that I am not alone with this problem. Thanks for posting - Cheryl has contacted me directly and I have been assured that they will either fix the problem or refund the purchase price.

Tom

Unhappy I'm having same problem

Argh! I just purchased and installed this yesterday and am experiencing the exact same symptoms. Had to un-install the capture program to get Windows MCE to work again.

Please see if using something other than the Universal Audio Driver for Audio corrects the issue. The developer said if you use something other than that you shouldn't have this issue. If you still have an issue after that please contact tech support so we can look into it more fully for you. Thanks.

Unhappy Same problem here!

Cheryl, I purchased the product last Saturday and immediatley lost use of our XP Media center. I too want a refund if this can not be fixed. My husband and I spent several hours already trying to "fix" the problem before we discovered this forum!

Default MCE is still disabled, even AFTER uninstalling RVC

Overall, I'm very happy with Applian products and their customer support. I purchased RVC less than 24 hours ago. I tried it out, but I couldn't get the audio to work. So I gave up and was going to try later. In the meantime, I went to use my Windows Media Center, and I kept getting Media Center Receiver Service errors every 10 seconds. A few hours of research produced no answers. Finally I uninstalled RVC, and the message stopped popping up. I thought all was fixed ... I couldn't be more wrong!!!

I've spent the last 6 hours trying to revive my MCE. I ran the setup several times, and all the componants seem to be in place and working. But I can no longer download the Media Guide (I have FiOS TV ... which is an absolutely amazing product!!!) and I keep getting an error message sauing, "Unable to load new guide file. Code: 23." I went to Microsoft and HP (I have an HP m7260n Media Center PC) to research electronic program errors, and none of the suggestions have worked. Besides being unable to load the guide, the live TV isn't working either so I can't even set up a manual recording.

I really like my Replay A/V suite, and thought RMC would be a good addition. But now I've lost the use of the Windows Media Center, which is why I bought the PC in the first place! I am devastated.

It's not even the issue of a refund ... I need to get my PC back and as one poster put it, "get on with my life."

Please. Help me. I'm begging.