Thread: Audio and video are out of sync AFTER conversion please help.

Question Audio and video are out of sync AFTER conversion please help.

I use replay media catcher 4 and when i download a video from any site and play the resulting .flv file the audio and video are synced perfectly. But when I convert the file into any other format the audio and video become out of sync a few seconds into the video. I have tried re-downloading the videos and converting them to different formats and I keep running into the same problem. Dose anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

Default Re: Audio and video are out of sync AFTER conversion please help.

I just tried this with live stream and I get the same problem but even worse after the conversion. I also noticed that the time that it said I recorded the live stream is much longer than what i actually recorded and when the video is played in VLC the extra time is simply "skipped" over and the audio and video stay in sync. But after the conversion the extra time is not skipped over and the video pauses while the audio continues to play it seems like this is what is causing the audio and video to be out of sync. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for the help.

Mike

Default Re: Audio and video are out of sync AFTER conversion please help.

Hi Mike

Replay Media Catcher includes the open-source conversion utility FFMPEG. We don't make any changes to it but simply provide it for conversions. If conversions are not performing as expected this is almost always due to missing or conflicting codecs on your computer. Or in some cases the original file was compressed with a codec that windows does not understand.

FFMPEG comes in many different versions. You can try using another version of FFMPEG.exe if you wish.Download this file and save it to Replay Media Catcher's directory in Program Files replacing the file of the same name. Backup your existing file first by simply renaming it to FFMPEG.bak:

http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/ffmpeg/r25512/ffmpeg.exe

Replace the file with Replay Media Catcher closed. Then re-open Replay Media Catcher and try your conversion again.

Please understand that Replay Media Catcher uses the open source FFMPEG for all conversions. There is not anything in Replay Media Catcher that we can fix if a specific conversion type is not working for you. Codecs are almost always the problem and those can be different on every machine based on what you've installed in the past.

Let me know if this helps, please!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.