Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replay AV8 no longer working

Default Re: Replay AV8 no longer working

I also experienced that problem when trying to record from a Clear Channel radio station (which does not allow stream capture). I was playing the station's Listen Live via my browser (Firefox) and having Replay A/V record the audio via the sound card. A few weeks ago it stopped working. Since then I got the station's stream to play through Winamp, and Replay will record that with no problem via the sound card. Google your station's call letters and include "pls" and "m3u" to find the stream that will work with Winamp. Example- put this in the Google search box: wtvn pls [OR] wtvn m3u , substituting your station's call letters.

I use an ancient scheduler program called LaunchPad to start and stop Winamp at the appropriate times, and Replay A/V is scheduled accordingly. ( Also, I was able to get Replay A/V to stream-capture the WTVN URL I use with Winamp, but that produces an AAC or MP4 file, (not sure which), which I then convert with Replay Converter to MP3. I only use that as a backup.) Normally the station has podcasts for what I'm trying to get, but sometimes they are not always reliable in posting the podcasts, so I use this Replay A/V recording kludge as a backup.

Hello, Cheryl,

I was just wondering if any progress had been made to restore the capability for which I purchased this software. (Trying to record radio over the internet).

I just tested it again now after all these months and seems to work again. I will know for sure next weekend when I resume the schedule and see if I can get my programs again. Thank you for any update or information you have.

We are not updating this program due to major changes in technology. We stopped selling it in Feb due to this. We are coming out with a new program in the near future that will do both audio and stream capture of the various streams.

For anyone still following this thread - here is how I got it to work again for a radio program that can be accessed via an internet stream -

1) Select Record/Stream Capture Audio or Video Clips

2) Open a stream for the internet station play live site and verify audio can be heard

3)Select it after the URL displays in the Stream Capture Window

4) Add the selection as a new recording

From there I could schedule it for when the program airs.

thank you alduchaney