Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freecorder 5 will not record audio or video at all

Exclamation Freecorder 5 will not record audio or video at all

I have been using Freecorder for a couple years now and have had this happen maybe on other time. In the past, reinstalling the most recent version of the program fixed the issue, but I have just tried that and it has not worked.

I don't use Freecorder through its toolbar (I use Opera browser), and instead use the individual applications that the toolbar shortcuts to to record audio and view video history. Today I noticed that no videos are appearing in the video history from any website. I know that YouTube has been changing the way they host videos and whatnot, so I tested multiple websites (Vimeo, videos hosted on Tumblr, and YouTube - all sites that used to work), and none of the videos I view are caught by the video history application. I've also experimented in three different internet browsers to be sure that wasn't an issue.

I now notice that the audio recording application will no longer function as well. I used to be able to launch it from the start menu, but now that doesn't work, and I have to use the toolbar to open the audio recorder. Once the audio recorder opens, it will not sense any sounds made by my computer (through iTunes, internet browsers, etc...) as it used to.

I'm not sure when these problems began (I noticed this today, but I remember distinctly times throughout the past couple weeks that the video history was functioning). The only relevant change to my system recently that I can think of is a recent series of Windows updates that installed 6/13/12. Because all parts of the Freecorder program are not functioning, I am led to believe that this doesn't have to do with the specific websites I am trying to catch video from.

I am wondering if anyone has any information on this issue. Freecorder contains a highly useful and easy to use set of features and I would like not to have to seek out an alternative.

EDIT: After reading through some tweets regarding Freecorder, I remember that there was also a recent Flash update. People are saying that this has been known to disable Freecorder. After some Googling it appears this is a well known issue (?). If this is the cause of this particular problem, is there a known fix?
    Last edited by poda05; 06-19-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Default Re: Freecorder 5 will not record audio or video at all

Hi Poda

Looking into this now - thank you
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I am also having trouble with it. It worked great about a week and a half ago, then it wouldnt record video; nothing registers in the buffer window.I thought it was something with my computer, so I uninstalled and reinstalled and even tried a system restore, when that didnt work, I finally reimaged the computer and started from scratch and reloaded the programs. I still get the same thing. The audio recorder works, but no video, and nothing in the history window.

My old Vista computer had no problems downloading videos, now I can't record videos on this new Windows 7 computer I built. I've been using Freecorder 4 for 2 years now and it's never disappoint; I usually use it to download videos off the NFL website to make highlight reels for the entertainment of the fans. Hopefully it's the latest Flash update that's causing this problem and that this issue will be resolved soon enough.

I'm having the exact same problem as Jonathan. Tried reinstalling a few times but to no avail. Audio recorder works but video doesn't seem to be aware of any video being played in Firefox.

Hi Guys

This looks like an issue with the latest firefox and flash update - try IE for the time being while we work on this, or there is always Replay Media Catcher as well

Thanks
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Hi Guys

This looks like an issue with the latest firefox and flash update - try IE for the time being while we work on this, or there is always Replay Media Catcher as well

Thanks
    It didn't work on IE for me, guess I'll have to wait

A followup with potentially more information:

I am now able to get Freecorder to catch videos through Internet Explorer from YouTube. It is worth noting (for those who haven't realized it yet) that you can now only catch video from YouTube that is streamed in 480p or above now (I believe this has been going on for a while and has to do with how YouTube hosts its media files/pushes them to us or something like that).

What's strange is that it "catches" each video twice, as if I'm loading it multiple times from different tabs or something. Also, I am unable to "clear" my video history. It acts as if each video is still open in a web browser or being used by a program (though all internet browsers' processes are not running at all).

The audio recorder now will function, but only through Internet Explorer. It used to be able to catch all sound played from any application on my computer, but now it seems to be able to only sense sound made through IE. It will not open using the "FCAudio Application" as it used to (it needs to be opened through the toolbar in Internet Explorer).

Thanks for looking into this issue since it seems that many of us are having it.

Good news all - freecorder 6 is getting CLOSER - no ETA yet - but I've heard it's being worked on DAILY now until completion. I don't know, it could be a few weeks - could be a few months - just wanted to let you all know we're on top of things
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Any news/updates on Freecorder 6?