Thread: Recording XM by schedule

Default Recording XM by schedule

I had a server software package that allowed me to schedule an xm recording. I had to rebuild my computer and don't have that saved. Anyone remember the name of it? It wasn't Applian's.

Default Re: Recording XM by schedule

Quote Originally Posted by hrosen50 View Post
    I had a server software package that allowed me to schedule an xm recording. I had to rebuild my computer and don't have that saved. Anyone remember the name of it? It wasn't Applian's.
    Either XM Tuner or SiriusXMStreamer. Only the latter has been updated to handle the new streams (there's a public beta out, you may have to search for the URI). Neither has a scheduler built-in, but since you access the streams with a simple localhost URI, you can use any scheduler you choose (Replay A/V or other non-Applian applications, some even freeware) to access and write the streams to hard drive.

We are coming out with a new program in a couple of months. It does work with Sirius/XM on a schedule and from the stream itself. Stay tuned as we are hard at work on improving this awesome new program.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We are coming out with a new program in a couple of months.
    Which doesn't help the original poster now.

It might help the original poster to know that there is a new product coming up before he decides to invest in some other software.

Quote Originally Posted by juanlfm View Post
    It might help the original poster to know that there is a new product coming up before he decides to invest in some other software.
    1) The software listed is freeware.

2) It might benefit Applian, but will not benefit the original poster if s/he wants to record something now.

Look, I understand the need for Applian to advertise their upcoming product, especially considering how they mismanaged Replay A/V's ability to record SXM (read back through the archives). I just don't see the support forum to be the best venue to advertise this future product when someone asks how to record something today.

Just as I am very careful not to advertise other company's commercial products here even when they may be better-suited to someone's need (I mentioned the two specific shareware products I did only because Cheryl has already recommended them - I went out of my way not to name even the freeware product that I use in conjunction with SiriusXMStreamer for scheduling and stream-writing SXM and standalone for other MP3 streams, in fact replacing Replay A/V completely on my system), Applian should refrain from pushing currently-unavailable products as a solution for a problem existing now. (*shrug*) Of course, it's their board, so they can do what they want, up to and including deleting my objections to this - there is no "free speech" guarantee from private companies.

But no, saying "we have something really awesome coming out someday which may or may not work the minute SXM changes something else" does not help the poster who wants to record something on SiriusXM today, it's just advertising. I tried to specifically point out what can be used right now to schedule and record a show from an SXM channel...something I do every day of the week, multiple times each weekday.

I agree with you but also speaking personally I am keen to learn about any impending software. I´d rather know if there is something new coming out. Then can decide on whether to look for software elsewhere or wait for the new proposed software. Its all knowledge and I am in favour of more rather than less.

Quote Originally Posted by juanlfm View Post
    I agree with you but also speaking personally I am keen to learn about any impending software.
    (*sigh*) You are not the original poster, you are not having an issue recording something right now, you have the luxury to go to one of the many many other places here this upcoming wonderful amazing (fill in whatever hyperbolic adjective you wish) software is being touted. Cheryl's post did not help the poster, period. And perhaps after you've seen ads for this upcoming product time after time as those of us who frequent this support board have, you too will begin to weary of hearing about it when people have problems right now that are not being addressed. Or maybe not.

But I am quit with with this idiotic argument - feel free to have the last word. And bet'cha I'll be more likely to help folks via PM just to avoid this nonsense in the future.