Thread: RM 5.05 & Spotify , recording "audio driver" ---> result swapped LEFT & RIGHT

Default RM 5.05 & Spotify , recording "audio driver" ---> result swapped LEFT & RIGHT

Hi!

I just tested this RM 5.05 for recording Spotify stream. I noticed an interesting feature on the resulted WAV files. Left and right sides are swapped on the stereo image, compared with the original stream. I'm 100% sure about this, because I listened to some moments where a single instrument was playing and it was placed very clearly on the left or right side of the stereo picture. If it was originally on the left side, then WAV-file has it on the right side. And vice versa.

Recording source is "audio driver" and there is nowhere an option to swap the stereo sides manually. Everything comes through one and only audio path here, no possibility for cable confusion.

This happens with Windows XP, M-Audio 1010 and RM 5.05. I used several different players for WAV files and always the same. "Hot-swapping" between Spotify and WAV --> also left and right sides are swapped. So it is not caused by some player software.

Any ideas?

Default Re: RM 5.05 & Spotify , recording "audio driver" ---> result swapped LEFT & RIGHT

This is not an issue I have had reported before. Please see what happens if you uninstall and do a fresh install. If you continue to have this issue let me know and contact us at tech support. We will need more details and a log file.

Default Re: RM 5.05 & Spotify , recording "audio driver" ---> result swapped LEFT & RIGHT

Okay. I think I managed to gather water proof evidence of this issue now. I will contact tech support.

Has anybody else noticed this thing? Test it with a track that has some instrument panned hard left or right. Is the panning reversed on the recorded file?

Quote Originally Posted by customsaurus View Post
    Has anybody else noticed this thing? Test it with a track that has some instrument panned hard left or right. Is the panning reversed on the recorded file?
    I Think that Customsaurus got a point here. There is a difference between recording from AUDIO DRIVER, which sounds normal, or recording from WINDOWS AUDIO DRIVER, where it almost sounds ODD comparing to the original sound. Itīs really annoying, because using Windows 7, recording from WINDOWS AUDIO DRIVER is the best solution. Itīs a very good recording, but itīs still no good solution, because it sounds so "fake", comparing to the source from Spotify. A really good example is recording the voices in the beginning from CERRONE "Love in C Minor" (The 16 minute version). Played on Spotify you can hear clearly some voices in the left side, and some others in the right side. If you record this beginning and play it afterwards, most of the voices are in the middle now, or more difficult to hear, which side they are coming from.

Can this bug be fixed??