Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replay Converter 2.8 ... now nagware ???

Question Replay Converter 2.8 ... now nagware ???

I am a registered user of Replay AV 8.
    This is the only reason I use Replay Converter 2.8.
    It is now nagging me about upgrading to ver 3.
    How can I stop this?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcheez View Post
    I am a registered user of Replay AV 8.
    This is the only reason I use Replay Converter 2.8.
    It is now nagging me about upgrading to ver 3.
    How can I stop this?
    You can't sorry...your best bet is to upgrade to version 3 which is far superior.

Hi BigCheeze

Matthew is correct on this. There is no way to turn off this feature unfortunatley, however you can upgrade to 3.0 which is FAR superior for $9.95. Matthew is a regular customer of ours and he's quite happy with it, as are 99.9% of our other customers who upgrade to the new version.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    There is no way to turn off this feature unfortunatley, however you can upgrade to 3.0 which is FAR superior for $9.95.

Note for Replay A/V Customers : If you're using Replay A/V, you'll still need to have Replay Converter 2.x installed on your PC in the Replay A/V program files folder. Replay Converter 3 and Replay Converter 2 can co-exist.

All I use Replay Converter for is to compliment Replay AV.
    Does all this mean I will be paying $10 just to get rid of the nag dialogue?
    Last edited by bigcheez; 10-20-2008 at 04:19 AM. Reason: formatting

We have since corrected that issue on our server side and you will no longer receive the information about upgrading.

We have also upgraded our Replay Av 8 and it now works with our latest converter. You would thus only need to have the one converter installed on your system.

Thumbs down Please Help !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We have since corrected that issue on our server side and you will no longer receive the information about upgrading.

We have also upgraded our Replay Av 8 and it now works with our latest converter. You would thus only need to have the one converter installed on your system.
    I had to get rid of the nag screen and get my files converted finally.
    I paid to upgrade Replay Converter, downloaded and installed it.
    Shortly after, I noticed that Replay AV was updated to work with the new Replay Converter.
    Downloaded and installed that, and noticed that the new Replay Converter was now included.

I now am worse off than when I started.
    Now instead of automatic conversions the full program pops up.
    Replay Converter now waits for me to start the batch job (???).
    It also cannot handle the filenames correctly.
    Please help !!!

Replay Converter 2.8 upgraded to 3.12
    Replay AV 8.44 upgraded to 8.5

Unhappy

I have upgraded to Replay A/V 8.50 and now when I run Replay Converter from the Tools Menu ("Open Replay Converter"), I get a message "Outdated registration code. ..." and it runs the demo version of Replay Converter.

How do I enable Replay Converter 3.0?

Jim Hanlon

Depending on when you purchased Replay AV or the Converter you might have a small update fee in order to use the program. When did you purchase the program? Thanks.

A long time ago but it was installed along with Replay A/V 8.50 and is supposed to be included with Replay A/V. I will not pay additional for something that is advertised as being included in the base product.

Angry Replay Converter thats bundled in Replay A/V Suite

Quote Originally Posted by jhanlon View Post
    I will not pay additional for something that is advertised as being included in the base product.
    I received a reply similar to yours from the staff here about the upgrade fee, and I feel the same way!!!

I feel betrayed by Applian! I purchased the Replay A/V Suite which includes Replay Converter. The Replay A/V Suite is a so called "minor" upgrade from version 8.43 to version 8.50. I install it, only to find that one of the parts of the suite I purchased will only function as a demo!!!

What has transpired here seems like a "bait and switch" routine to me! If the company had "all the time invested" in this release, then the Replay A/V Suite should have been a "major" version upgrade, and noted to all their customers BEFORE downloading that their registrations would NOT work with this release!

I think I am a resonable person, but the way in which this was handled is plainly wrong. Applian should at least bundle the previous version of Replay Converter with the Replay A/V v8.50 installer, so their paying customers (like me) don't feel "bait and switched" when they install it, only to find out that one of the pieces of the suite won't work any more!!!!!